PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to uninstall

miguelbuenca
August 5th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I got a windows and ubuntu installed in my computer. How can I clean uninstall ubuntu. Help please.Thanks

SkonesMickLoud
August 5th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Formatting and/or deleting the partition containing Ubuntu will do the trick.

You can do this with the Ubuntu LiveCD and the Partition Editor contained within it.

Simply go to System >> Admin >> Partition Editor. Then, right click on the partition containing Ubuntu and click on "Delete". You should then be able to regain that space with your XP disk, but I don't know how to do that.

pi.boy.travis
August 5th, 2008, 01:45 AM
You man also want to restore the Windows bootloader, whick you can do with a Windows install disc

miguelbuenca
August 6th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Formatting and/or deleting the partition containing Ubuntu will do the trick.

You can do this with the Ubuntu LiveCD and the Partition Editor contained within it.

Simply go to System >> Admin >> Partition Editor. Then, right click on the partition containing Ubuntu and click on "Delete". You should then be able to regain that space with your XP disk, but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks for the advise. I've done exactly as you said , a window open up with info about my disk partition. My problem I don not know which one of this I will delete. I'm attaching the screen snapshot to better describe what I saw. Thanks.

Pumalite
August 6th, 2008, 03:30 AM
sda2, sda5 and sda6. You can also use Super Grub to fix your Windows MBR:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/SuperGrubDiskPage.html
I'd use Gparted Live CD to do the job. Backup everything before you start.

miguelbuenca
August 6th, 2008, 04:53 AM
sda2, sda5 and sda6. You can also use Super Grub to fix your Windows MBR:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/SuperGrubDiskPage.html
I'd use Gparted Live CD to do the job. Backup everything before you start.

Thanks, is it ok just to delete the partitions sda2, sda5 and sda6 from the partition editor window and not worry about anything else. Thanks again

mikjp
August 6th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Consider making backup copies of your windows partition before deleting any partitions. Just to be sure...

greetings,

mikko

Pumalite
August 6th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks, is it ok just to delete the partitions sda2, sda5 and sda6 from the partition editor window and not worry about anything else. Thanks again

I always use Gparted Live CD. It may work. Don't forget to backup.