PDA

View Full Version : One of the wierdest/funniest things I've ever had happen to me.

MasterXandrex
August 4th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Ok, so this has nothing to do with technology, but I thought you all might get a chuckle out of it.

So, I was at work (I'm a student developer -- still in college) and I took my lunch break around 2:30. I had to run to the bank, so I was off.

After I had visited the bank... a twenty minute process... anyway, I drove down the street, past the police station and a cop pulled out behind me. As I approached the light and the end of the block, I looked up and it turned from green to yellow. As I was already up to it, I went through. The cop followed (running the light) and pulled me over. The following is a verbatim transcript as I remember it.

Me {as the cop walks up}: What did I do?
Cop: You went through the red light.
Me: I looked up when I went under it, it had just turned yellow.
Cop: Well... it was almost red.
Me: {Stare blankly at the cop}
Cop: {Returns blank stare}
Me {Confused}:Um... Almost doesn't count...?
Cop: {Eyes wide in deathly stare at me}
Cop: Well... you can go.

The cop then pulled past me and drove away, even though he had to go around me on a one-way residential road.

Can anyone, for the love of god, tell me what that was about???

I laughed until I couldn't breathe.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I,

Xan

kerry_s
August 5th, 2008, 12:33 AM
you got lucky, he could have been a prick, still give you a ticket and make you waste a day in court contesting it. :)

Koori23
August 5th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Last weekend, I was tooling around at night on my bike.. Pulled up to a light, a motorcycle cop pulls up to me in the next lane.. I was feeling sorta funny that night.. I asked him if he wanted to drag race (I wasn't actually gonna do it)...

Light turns green, he gets behind me and pulls me over.. "Oh Crap".. As it turns out, he wanted to talk about bikes.. nothing more.. Those bikes are cool by the way..

I've had a cop pull me over to write me a ticket only to discover he'd run out of paper on his ticket pad..

I've actually been cuffed at a gas station because someone with my cars make and model had been reported stolen. I apparently seemed to fit the bill.. It took 15 minutes to sort it out.

kerry_s
August 5th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Last weekend, I was tooling around at night on my bike.. Pulled up to a light, a motorcycle cop pulls up to me in the next lane.. I was feeling sorta funny that night.. I asked him if he wanted to drag race (I wasn't actually gonna do it)...

Light turns green, he gets behind me and pulls me over.. "Oh Crap".. As it turns out, he wanted to talk about bikes.. nothing more.. Those bikes are cool by the way..

I've had a cop pull me over to write me a ticket only to discover he'd run out of paper on his ticket pad..

I've actually been cuffed at a gas station because someone with my cars make and model had been reported stolen. I apparently seemed to fit the bill.. It took 15 minutes to sort it out.

man, i don't get that lucky, my butt usually ends up in jail, true, most of the time i probably did it, but i'm sure no one saw me. :lolflag:

Lexicon101
August 5th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I just want to take samplings of random occurrences, documenting the likelihood that a policeman has of breaking traffic laws. I'll bet it's worse than bus drivers.

Koori23
August 5th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Agreed. If an officer is on this forum.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.. But I thought that they couldn't break the law (speed, run red lights etc) unless they had the lights and sirens on..

My way to work is a complete speed trap, I tend to pace the cops at 10mph over most mornings on my way to work.

Spike-X
August 5th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Can anyone, for the love of god, tell me what that was about???

I'm guessing he was trying to meet his quota - er, I mean "shift objective" - and figured it was worth a try?

Lexicon101
August 5th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Maybe he was just pissed off at his wife? Then he pulled you over and went "Awww, crap. Never mind."

MasterXandrex
August 6th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Maybe he was just pissed off at his wife? Then he pulled you over and went "Awww, crap. Never mind."

Nice, I like the way your mind works.

Xan