PDA

View Full Version : Elisa 0.5.3 - Hardy .debs

b3n87
August 4th, 2008, 07:15 PM
If anyones interest, theres some unoffical debs for hardy made by the elisa community. Ive just done it and it works a treat.

http://elisa.fluendo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=646

Enjoy

armageddon08
August 4th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks....but can I install them with Synaptic the sources.list way.

b3n87
August 4th, 2008, 07:25 PM
No not yet, no one's made a repo for this version. THeres version 0.3.5 in the hardy repo's if thats any help.

The only thing missing I can see is access to pictures via F-Spot, the new version seems to be more polished and slighty faster.

armageddon08
August 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
No not yet, no one's made a repo for this version. THeres version 0.3.5 in the hardy repo's if thats any help.

The only thing missing I can see is access to pictures via F-Spot, the new version seems to be more polished and slighty faster.

Well...the debs didn't work out for me. So I'm now currently downloading the source tarballs. One question will the plugins available at the Elisa official site for version 0.3.5 work in the version 0.5.3?

kostkon
August 4th, 2008, 07:57 PM
In reality, there is a repo for Hardy, they even give you the key, nice:
http://elisa.fluendo.com/packages/

although I don't know what version it has currently.

armageddon08
August 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM
In reality, there is a repo for Hardy, they even give you the key, nice:
http://elisa.fluendo.com/packages/

although I don't know what version it has currently.

Must be 0.3.5 'cause they haven't yet released .deb files of 0.5.3
http://elisa.fluendo.com/download/

sensimilla
August 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM
One of the developers posted the following link on the elisa forum:

https://launchpad.net/~elisa-developers/+archive

It contains the following apt sources.list entry

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/elisa-developers/ubuntu hardy main

So that you can install the latest version of elisa via apt-get or synaptic.

It is currently working fine for me with 0.5.4 and 64-bit hardy.

(I couldn't get the above mentioned repo to work at all, maybe it will be updated at some point.)

pt123
August 8th, 2008, 10:10 AM
holy cow they went from .35 to .53 sounds like someone has been smoking a little too much.

armageddon08
August 8th, 2008, 01:15 PM
holy cow they went from .35 to .53 sounds like someone has been smoking a little too much.

Actually, they had 0.5.1 and 0.5.2 and other versions also but they were for mostly for OSX or Windows.

meborc
August 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM
One of the developers posted the following link on the elisa forum:

https://launchpad.net/~elisa-developers/+archive

It contains the following apt sources.list entry

So that you can install the latest version of elisa via apt-get or synaptic.

It is currently working fine for me with 0.5.4 and 64-bit hardy.

(I couldn't get the above mentioned repo to work at all, maybe it will be updated at some point.)

thanks, worked a treat... and 0.5.4 *IS* much more refined :)

Sealbhach
August 8th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I can't get the Flickr plugin working.

Any ideas? Do I have to put something in the config file?

armageddon08
August 8th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I can't get the Flickr plugin working.

Any ideas? Do I have to put something in the config file?

Yeah......I was also wondering abt that. Perhaps the plugins are not compatible as they are for the 0.3.5 version.

geoken
August 8th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I forgot about Elisa when they started releasing multiple versions for Window's while not having the time to compile a single binary for any Linux distro. In July, they went through 4 version which were all packaged for Window's and all Linux users got were some hard to compile sources thrown at them.

I've since moved on to Boxee and I'm glad I did. The online media support in Boxee blows everything else out of the water.

If anyone wants to try out Boxee, head over to Phoronix. They have an article on Boxee and in the article their is a link to a thread on their forums where the site admin is handing out Boxee invites (or you can wait 'till September when it goes into public beta).

PryGuy
August 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I've got no DVD playback :cry:

FuturePilot
August 8th, 2008, 07:00 PM
It didn't even start for me :cry:

pexi
August 9th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hi, I have a macbook with Ubuntu hardy 64-bits installed, and Elisa doens't start.
If I execute from a terminal I get this output:

pexi@macbook:~$ elisa
WARN MainThread plugin_registry ago 09 17:23:33 plugin conflict Louie 1.1 (elisa/core/plugin_registry.py:220)
WARN MainThread plugin_registry ago 09 17:23:33 plugin conflict elisa-plugin-coherence 0.1 (elisa/core/plugin_registry.py:220)
WARN MainThread gst_metadata_slave_process_protocol ago 09 17:23:33 Starting Slave-2 on unix:/tmp/elisa-metadata-6DS3SZ.socket launching elisa.plugins.gstreamer.amp_slave.run_slave
(Slave-2 stdout) (elisa/plugins/amp/master.py:54)
WARN MainThread gst_metadata_slave_process_protocol ago 09 17:23:34 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/utils/classinit.py:34: UserWarning: ClassInitMeta class is deprecated
warn("ClassInitMeta class is deprecated")
(Slave-2 stderr) (elisa/plugins/amp/master.py:57)
WARN MainThread resource_manager ago 09 17:23:34 Creating wmd.wmd_resource:WMDResource failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_8fIDkX.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN coherence ago 09 17:23:34 Coherence UPnP framework version 0.5.0 starting... (coherence/base.py:165)
WARN webserver ago 09 17:23:34 WebServer on port 60205 ready (coherence/base.py:103)
WARN MainThread resource_manager ago 09 17:23:34 Creating smbwin32.smbwin32_resource:SmbWin32Resource failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_EZ8tt0.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread service_manager ago 09 17:23:34 Creating osso.osso_service:OssoService failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_Lsr3D6.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread input_manager ago 09 17:23:34 Creating winremote.streamzap_input:StreamzapInput failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_KUE6zN.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread input_manager ago 09 17:23:34 Creating lirc.lirc_input:LircInput failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_F3j2Fr.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread interface_controller ago 09 17:23:34 creating frontend frontend1 failed. A full traceback can be found at [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named cssutils
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py:216:simulate
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py:561:runUntilCurrent
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/task.py:236:_tick
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/interface_controller.py:104:load_frontends_iter
--- <exception caught here> ---
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/plugin_registry.py:384:create_component
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/reflect.py:357:namedAny
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/plugins/pigment/pigment_frontend.py:19:<module>
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/plugins/pigment/widgets/theme.py:18:<module>
] (elisa/core/interface_controller.py:88)
WARN MainThread interface_controller ago 09 17:23:34 Could not load any frontend (elisa/core/interface_controller.py:123)
WARN MainThread twisted ago 09 17:23:34 A twisted traceback occurred. (twisted/internet/base.py:535)

Twisted traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 175, in run
self.__run()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 114, in wrapper
return real_cb(real_s, condition)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 207, in callback
self.simulate() # fire Twisted timers
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 216, in simulate
self.runUntilCurrent()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 533, in runUntilCurrent
f(*a, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/bus.py", line 178, in _dispatch
callback(message, sender)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/plugins/gnome/gnome_screensaver_service.py", line 137, in _components_loaded
frontend = frontends.values()[0]
exceptions.IndexError: list index out of range

I hope that someone could help us about this error.

georg_H
August 9th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Add this PPA repository
The package elisa does not depend on two required packages: python-encutils and python-cssutils. After installing them (from the same repository), it should run.

pexi
August 10th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Add this PPA repository
The package elisa does not depend on two required packages: python-encutils and python-cssutils. After installing them (from the same repository), it should run.

I have installed from these repositories, but I get the error that I show in my last post.

slymi2005
August 11th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I get the same error after updating from 0.3.5 using the ppa repository.

FuturePilot
August 11th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Hi, I have a macbook with Ubuntu hardy 64-bits installed, and Elisa doens't start.
If I execute from a terminal I get this output:

pexi@macbook:~$ elisa
WARN MainThread plugin_registry ago 09 17:23:33 plugin conflict Louie 1.1 (elisa/core/plugin_registry.py:220)
WARN MainThread plugin_registry ago 09 17:23:33 plugin conflict elisa-plugin-coherence 0.1 (elisa/core/plugin_registry.py:220)
WARN MainThread gst_metadata_slave_process_protocol ago 09 17:23:33 Starting Slave-2 on unix:/tmp/elisa-metadata-6DS3SZ.socket launching elisa.plugins.gstreamer.amp_slave.run_slave
WARN MainThread gst_metadata_slave_process_protocol ago 09 17:23:34 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/utils/classinit.py:34: UserWarning: ClassInitMeta class is deprecated
WARN MainThread resource_manager ago 09 17:23:34 Creating wmd.wmd_resource:WMDResource failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_8fIDkX.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN coherence ago 09 17:23:34 Coherence UPnP framework version 0.5.0 starting... (coherence/base.py:165)
WARN webserver ago 09 17:23:34 WebServer on port 60205 ready (coherence/base.py:103)
WARN MainThread resource_manager ago 09 17:23:34 Creating smbwin32.smbwin32_resource:SmbWin32Resource failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_EZ8tt0.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread service_manager ago 09 17:23:34 Creating osso.osso_service:OssoService failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_Lsr3D6.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread input_manager ago 09 17:23:34 Creating winremote.streamzap_input:StreamzapInput failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_KUE6zN.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread input_manager ago 09 17:23:34 Creating lirc.lirc_input:LircInput failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_F3j2Fr.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread interface_controller ago 09 17:23:34 creating frontend frontend1 failed. A full traceback can be found at [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named cssutils
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/interface_controller.py:104:load_frontends_iter
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/plugin_registry.py:384:create_component
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/plugins/pigment/pigment_frontend.py:19:<module>
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/plugins/pigment/widgets/theme.py:18:<module>
WARN MainThread interface_controller ago 09 17:23:34 Could not load any frontend (elisa/core/interface_controller.py:123)
WARN MainThread twisted ago 09 17:23:34 A twisted traceback occurred. (twisted/internet/base.py:535)

Twisted traceback:
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 175, in run
self.__run()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 114, in wrapper
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 207, in callback
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 216, in simulate
self.runUntilCurrent()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/base.py", line 533, in runUntilCurrent
f(*a, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/bus.py", line 178, in _dispatch
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/plugins/gnome/gnome_screensaver_service.py", line 137, in _components_loaded

I hope that someone could help us about this error.

Yep, that's the same error I got.

damoxc
August 11th, 2008, 09:51 AM
can you post the output of:

python -c 'import cssutils'

If it's successfully installed there should be none.

MadsRH
August 14th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks, the "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/elisa-developers/ubuntu hardy main" work perfect for me :)

PryGuy
August 16th, 2008, 11:14 AM
So how about DVD support?

roundhay
August 17th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I have follwed the instruction and installed from the developer repsoitory link but I get the following error:

WARN MainThread plugin_registry Aug 17 17:26:41 plugin conflict elisa-plugin-coherence 0.1 (elisa/core/plugin_registry.py:220)
WARN MainThread gst_metadata_slave_process_protocol Aug 17 17:26:41 Starting Slave-2 on unix:/tmp/elisa-metadata-TTs_MM.socket launching elisa.plugins.gstreamer.amp_slave.run_slave
WARN MainThread gst_metadata_slave_process_protocol Aug 17 17:26:41 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/utils/classinit.py:34: UserWarning: ClassInitMeta class is deprecated
WARN MainThread resource_manager Aug 17 17:26:42 Creating wmd.wmd_resource:WMDResource failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_pUqdgP.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN coherence Aug 17 17:26:42 Coherence UPnP framework version 0.5.8 starting... (coherence/base.py:251)
WARN webserver Aug 17 17:26:42 WebServer on port 37535 ready (coherence/base.py:106)
WARN MainThread resource_manager Aug 17 17:26:42 Creating smbwin32.smbwin32_resource:SmbWin32Resource failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_rPQdlg.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread service_manager Aug 17 17:26:42 Creating osso.osso_service:OssoService failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_0mvDaK.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread input_manager Aug 17 17:26:42 Creating winremote.streamzap_input:StreamzapInput failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_TU4vlD.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread input_manager Aug 17 17:26:42 Creating lirc.lirc_input:LircInput failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_ZqAqf9.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread interface_controller Aug 17 17:26:42 creating frontend frontend1 failed. A full traceback can be found at [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named encutils
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cssutils/__init__.py:81:<module>
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cssutils/util.py:16:<module>
WARN MainThread interface_controller Aug 17 17:26:42 Could not load any frontend (elisa/core/interface_controller.py:123)
WARN MainThread twisted Aug 17 17:26:42 A twisted traceback occurred. (twisted/internet/base.py:535)

Twisted traceback:
self.__run()
self.runUntilCurrent()
f(*a, **kw)

This loom the same as a previous post in this thread, suggestions for a fix most welcome

roundhay
August 17th, 2008, 06:11 PM
After running

~$ python -c 'import cssutils'

I get the following output:

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named cssutils

This indicates that cssutils is not installed but according to synaptic is is? I get the same output if I remove cssutils using synaptic

Don't know why this is happening......

SomeGuyDude
August 17th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Same as post 24. Doesn't open. Nice.

FuturePilot
August 17th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Same as post 24. Doesn't open. Nice.

Yes, 0.5.5 still will not run for me either. I see the splash screen and that's it, nothing ever opens. :(

emshains
August 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM
If anyones interest, theres some unoffical debs for hardy made by the elisa community. Ive just done it and it works a treat.

http://elisa.fluendo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=646

Enjoy

Dude, I just wish I saw youre post at the morning, because I was testing my new HDTV with my computer.

emshains
August 17th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Dude, I just wish I saw youre post at the morning, because I was testing my new HDTV with my computer.

And it wouldnt give me any benefit, because it cant get past the "splash" screen.

zekopeko
August 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM
try installing this packages

cssutils and python-enc

i'm not sure about the name but the packages have those words in them so just install them

ssam
August 28th, 2008, 10:23 AM
the ppa is up to 0.5.7 now
http://elisa.fluendo.com/news/13/

I cant get the DVD player to work though (totem plays DVDs ok). i wonder if it needs newer gstreamer

ugm6hr
August 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM

I cant get the DVD player to work though (totem plays DVDs ok). i wonder if it needs newer gstreamer

On Hardy 64-bit, it doesn't open (0.5.7).

Installed as per http://elisa.fluendo.com/wiki/Distribution/LinuxPackages

WARN MainThread plugin_registry Aug 28 11:18:56 plugin conflict elisa-plugin-coherence 0.1 (elisa/core/plugin_registry.py:220)
WARN MainThread gst_metadata_slave_process_protocol Aug 28 11:18:57 Starting Slave-2 on unix:/tmp/elisa-metadata-9x2XXk.socket launching elisa.plugins.gstreamer.amp_slave.run_slave
WARN MainThread gst_metadata_slave_process_protocol Aug 28 11:18:57 /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/elisa/core/utils/classinit.py:34: UserWarning: ClassInitMeta class is deprecated
WARN MainThread resource_manager Aug 28 11:18:57 Creating wmd.wmd_resource:WMDResource failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_UtLVC1.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN coherence Aug 28 11:18:57 Coherence UPnP framework version 0.5.8 starting... (coherence/base.py:251)
WARN webserver Aug 28 11:18:57 WebServer on port 44875 ready (coherence/base.py:106)
WARN MainThread resource_manager Aug 28 11:18:57 Creating smbwin32.smbwin32_resource:SmbWin32Resource failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_SfEG1O.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread service_manager Aug 28 11:18:57 Creating osso.osso_service:OssoService failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_xJrlSV.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread input_manager Aug 28 11:18:57 Creating winremote.streamzap_input:StreamzapInput failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_LXFuGQ.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread input_manager Aug 28 11:18:57 Creating lirc.lirc_input:LircInput failed. A full traceback can be found at /tmp/elisa_77l_VS.txt (elisa/core/manager.py:83)
WARN MainThread interface_controller Aug 28 11:18:57 creating frontend frontend1 failed. A full traceback can be found at [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named cssutils
WARN MainThread interface_controller Aug 28 11:18:57 Could not load any frontend (elisa/core/interface_controller.py:123)
WARN MainThread twisted Aug 28 11:18:57 A twisted traceback occurred. (twisted/internet/base.py:535)

Twisted traceback:
self.__run()
self.runUntilCurrent()
f(*a, **kw)

EDIT: I just installed python-cssutils with aptitude, and it works fine :)

bve
September 12th, 2008, 05:32 AM

To get dvd playback ...

sudo ln -s /dev/scd0 /dev/dvd

Now does anyone have Elisa working with upnp?

psypher
October 26th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I'm still getting the same errors after trying everything on this post and still Elisa only opens the slpash screen and then just black? Also my version is only 0.5.15 from that repo, why is everyone else on 0.5.3 and 4 ect.

Is boxee really the best? I've heard a few people mention it. XBMC has a lot of potential but very unstale, makes my pc crash as soon as I play video.

ugm6hr
October 26th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I'm still getting the same errors after trying everything on this post and still Elisa only opens the slpash screen and then just black? Also my version is only 0.5.15 from that repo, why is everyone else on 0.5.3 and 4 ect.

0.5.15 is newer than 0.5.3 (15>3).

Unfortunately, the last 2 revisions have been very poor - very slow and unstable on my system.

psypher
November 3rd, 2008, 01:40 AM
Upgraded to Intrepid x64.

Seems that 0.5.9 is now in the ubuntu repo's. Didn't have to add the repo. Still getting same problem though :( and i have tried the python pkgs:

sudo apt-get install python-encutils python-cssutils
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python-encutils is already the newest version.
python-encutils set to manually installed.
python-cssutils is already the newest version.
python-cssutils set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

wolfe
November 4th, 2008, 06:32 AM
I too am unable to get this to start, i get:

File "/usr/bin/elisa", line 222, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/bin/elisa", line 200, in main
if not options['headless']:
KeyError: 'headless'