PDA

View Full Version : Nadal dethrones Federer. What do u think?

sharks
August 4th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Nadal dethrones Federer. What do u think?
I think he is rewarded for performance

renzokuken
August 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
good to see, i'm a bigger fan of Nadal than Federer. Although Murray will one day dethrone them both....hehe

The Nadal-Fed Wimbledon final was the best i've seen since Rafter-Ivanisovic

loell
August 4th, 2008, 01:48 PM
i'm still a fan of federer because he looks like Mark.

armageddon08
August 4th, 2008, 01:48 PM
The Nadal-Fed Wimbledon final was the best i've seen since Rafter-Ivanisovic
Though I'm not as ardent tennis-follower; but the hype around the Nadal-Fed final was such that I couldn't resist myself from watching it. And boy.....the match delivered more than the hype.....so much intriguing a match, I think, I've seen very few.

bash
August 4th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I live in Switzerland atm and here everyone is freaking out that their national hero Federer is being dethroned. Can't turn anywhere in the media without someone feeling like they need to give their advice on what Federer should do now.

samjh
August 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Federer is a modern tennis legend, perhaps even the best in history. Good on Nadal for the "dethrone" job. :D

armageddon08
August 4th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Can't turn anywhere in the media without someone feeling like they need to give their advice on what Federer should do now.

It's natural, ain't it?

shifty2
August 4th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Pretty certain he hasn't yet. The way the rankings work it wont be till the 18th august that he becomes number one.

sharks
August 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM
good to see, i'm a bigger fan of Nadal than Federer. Although Murray will one day dethrone them both....hehe

I think Murray will dethrone after nadal and fedex retire...........

Bachstelze
August 4th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I think he is rewarded for performance

Exactly. Nadal has performance, but Roger has talent. Performance can be obtained with a few chemicals, talent cannot. Nadal, although he does it extremely well, just plays what Hingis called "dumb tennis."

End of the story. Roger will always be the number one to me.

cardinals_fan
August 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM
It's too bad. Federer has always played the game with incredible skill. I wonder if he's hurt, because he hasn't looked like himself in the last few matches I've seen... :confused:

Bachstelze
August 4th, 2008, 08:05 PM
It's too bad. Federer has always played the game with incredible skill. I wonder if he's hurt, because he hasn't looked like himself in the last few matches I've seen... :confused:

He had mononucleosis at the beginning of this year.

cardinals_fan
August 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM
He had mononucleosis at the beginning of this year.
That could be a factor...