PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Another GIMP problem

Dopski
August 4th, 2008, 09:09 AM
GIMP seems working! But actually not working! No tool is working! I don't know how this happened. GIMP previously work then just stop working without any hint why?

I am using Hardy Heron on my Celeron 2.53Ghz, 2GB Ram, Nvidia FX 5500 video card with 246 Video memory with restricted video driver in use and working fine.

I tried to run GIMP in terminal and here is the output:

(gimp:5967): Gimp-Base-CRITICAL **: temp_buf_resize: assertion `width > 0 && height > 0' failed

(gimp:5967): Gimp-Base-CRITICAL **: temp_buf_resize: assertion `width > 0 && height > 0' failed

I hope someone here could help me restore my GIMP to its useful state.

Thank you.

loell
August 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM
try using a fresh config

first backup it up

cp -rf .gimp-2.4/ temp_gimp_config

then remove it

rm -rf .gimp-2.4/

then start gimp.

ajgreeny
August 4th, 2008, 10:47 AM
You can do all this in nautilus if you find it easier, by making sure hidden files and foldersv are visible with Ctrl+H then just right click on the folder .gimp-2.4 and rename it to .gimp-2.4backup. Now restart gimp.

Dopski
August 5th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Thank you. I will try that.

Dopski
September 2nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Found out that the problem is caused by the configured mouse directive from my xorg.conf file.

Edited my xorg.conf and added the necessary directive for my wacom device.

Now my GIMP is working! as well as my wacom!