PDA

View Full Version : Help with website

eliastk
August 3rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
Well, first of all, I must say that I don't know if this is the best place to write this, but it seems ok.

I have plans on starting a community site (in english or multiple languages) and I hope to find someone to help me with this.

Don't ask for more specifics, because there are no. I haven't planned anything yet.

Don't missunderstand me, I don't want anyone to bulid the site for me, I want someone to build the site WITH me!

And there is one thing more, The site will be in PHP, so you must know the language PHP at least pretty ok. Like login/register scripts with databases etc.

I'm NOT doing this for money I want to be "big" on internet (At least 1000 visitors/day) and have a great time doing this. (Creating a website is hard if your not having fun)

Do you want to help me? PM me or write an e-mail to eliastk@mail.com
Thank you for answers :)

Delever
August 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
You would need much more to attract me.

"Any" topic does not cut it. You may not believe it, but you need an idea.

Sorry.

eliastk
August 3rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Ok, I had thaught like this:

Users sign in and chat with eachother in pop up windows. (Or at least something like that)
They don't need to download any client and they can use it in the browser at any OS they want. I have also thaught of starting a mailserver and make it able for them to have like "user@domain.com"-adress, and they also chat through this adresses.

Something like that, not exactley like that -.-

I haven't planned more, because I want to do that TOGETHER with someone, that is what this is all about, I don't want to make all the ideas and then ask people if they want to join me.

Old_Grey_Wolf
August 3rd, 2008, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "community site". If it is a Message Board/Bulletin Board then you could download a LAMP stack and PHPBB from the Ubuntu repositories.

Edit: try this link http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=855778&highlight=LAMP

eliastk
August 3rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "community site". If it is a Message Board/Bulletin Board then you could download a LAMP stack and PHPBB from the Ubuntu repositories.

Did you read the post above your post?

Old_Grey_Wolf
August 3rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
Did you read the post above your post?

The posts were 4 minutes apart. I took some time to look up a reference URL for you.

eliastk
August 3rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
The posts were 4 minutes apart. I took some time to look up a reference URL for you.

Oh, sorry. No offence.

Swarms
August 3rd, 2008, 11:04 PM
I think you have to explain your idea more throughly, also just to convince us that you know what you want to. :)

Old_Grey_Wolf
August 3rd, 2008, 11:06 PM
Oh, sorry. No offence.

Considering what was posted above, you may want to look into MyBB at http://www.mybboard.net/

You would still need a LAMP stack, or the website hosting service you use would need to support one.

eliastk
August 3rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
Ok, I had thaught like this:

Users sign in and chat with eachother in pop up windows. (Or at least something like that)
They don't need to download any client and they can use it in the browser at any OS they want. I have also thaught of starting a mailserver and make it able for them to have like "user@domain.com"-adress, and they also chat through this adresses.

Something like that, not exactley like that -.-

I haven't planned more, because I want to do that TOGETHER with someone, that is what this is all about, I don't want to make all the ideas and then ask people if they want to join me.

I told you, this is my idea.

Swarms
August 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
And I am telling you that its not at all clear, I know you said that you are not interested in coming with a complete idea, but it makes it very hard for people figuring if they share the same goals as you, and then if they want to join you.

Old_Grey_Wolf
August 3rd, 2008, 11:40 PM

I give up!

What you have described so far is readily available, without writing any code.

Tell us what is unique about your idea that is not available in downloadable packages.

eliastk
August 3rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
And I am telling you that its not at all clear, I know you said that you are not interested in coming with a complete idea, but it makes it very hard for people figuring if they share the same goals as you, and then if they want to join you.

What do you think i shall write? ask me anything and i will answer.

eliastk
August 3rd, 2008, 11:51 PM
I give up!

What you have described so far is readily available, without writing any code.

Tell us what is unique about your idea that is not available in downloadable packages.

Package? where can i download an entire website as i want it? btw, i don't know how i want it!

PCessna
August 4th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Considering what was posted above, you may want to look into MyBB at http://www.mybboard.net/

You would still need a LAMP stack, or the website hosting service you use would need to support one.

NEVER USE MYBB over 3-4 servers i've used it on, it NEVER worked right (both windows and linux servers, one of my own too)

phpBB or SMF

eliastk
August 6th, 2008, 09:40 PM
OK, I changed my mind. Instead of creating a community, I want to make an onlinegame, a browser based game.

My Idea:
In the game , you will be a hacker.
You are hacking things, improving skills, buy better hardware, and maybe create softwares.. And then you level up, upgrading and hack more advanced things, that require more skills and so on. And you get more respect and other hackers join you, and in a team and you hack together and stuff like that.
Hack banks to earn money to buy new things..

(Remember of course this is only in the game, it is not in my mind to help people learn how to hack in to peoles computers etc. in real, JUST IN THE GAME!)

Most of the PHP coding will be inserting and changing values in the database(s) and things like that. (You name it) ;)

If you think this is a good idea, PM me, write to me here or write an email to eliastk@mail.com