PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had a higher bean count than LaRoza?

kevdog
August 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
I remember a day long ago, when LaRoza was a neophyte, an ubuntu newbie. I had so many more beans. But alas...I couldn't keep up with the pressure. Despite my best intentions, work and family wouldn't allow me to post up to 100 replies per day just to keep pace. Now, both in knowledge, bean count, and in sure number of posts I have fallen vastly far behind. I'm just looking for other users with whom to commiserate. :(

days_of_ruin
August 3rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Lol I think he is actually 10 people.
Or on steriods.
:lolflag:

papsynot
August 3rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
LaRoza is not more than one person. More than one person are LaRoza! If you tallied up all our posts, we'd have more posts than this forum has in total.

प्रतिरोध व्यर्थ है | You will be assimilated.

rudihawk
August 3rd, 2008, 07:24 PM
^well duh, thats beacuse posts in Community Cafe are not counted.

init1
August 3rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
Nah, he's just a borg. No need to type, he just thinks of the post, and it happens :D

pcjoe
August 3rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
iirc, LaRoza is a she guys, lol...

billgoldberg
August 3rd, 2008, 08:12 PM
There are people with a higher bean count than Laroza (the rose?).

Kingsley
August 3rd, 2008, 09:09 PM
iirc, LaRoza is a she guys, lol...
Don't be so sure about that!
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=5415913&postcount=62

I think I had a higher bean count than him for at least 2 days after he joined the forum. :)

kostkon
August 3rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Sure I had! When I had 100s of posts LaRoza didn't even exist here in the forums! :lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

tamoneya
August 3rd, 2008, 09:15 PM
i always kind of thought that LaRoza was a very intelligent bot that passes the turing test. Most likely written in python.

mrgnash
August 3rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
I haven't (obviously), but I think when Rav Tux was active, he clocked up more posts in a day than LaRoza did in a week ;)

lisati
August 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Don't be so sure about that!
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=5415913&postcount=62

I think I had a higher bean count than him for at least 2 days after he joined the forum. :):confused:I think I missed that one when I last visited that thread.

Tim Sharitt
August 3rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
i always kind of thought that LaRoza was a very intelligent bot that passes the turing test. Most likely written in python.

I was thinking lisp.

tamoneya
August 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
I was thinking lisp.

I would say lisp myself because it is so heavily used in AI but since LaRoza posts to every question regarding python on these forums it makes sense if it was in his dna/source code or something.

init1
August 3rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
I haven't (obviously), but I think when Rav Tux was active, he clocked up more posts in a day than LaRoza did in a week ;)
Yeah that's partly why he was banned...

picpak
August 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
LaRoza wasn't around when I joined. Heck, aysiu wasn't even around when I joined.

Lostincyberspace
August 3rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah that's partly why he was banned...
Why was Rav banned? Just posting allot would not be enough to qualify for a ban expecialy of such a good community member.

LaRoza
August 3rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
I remember a day long ago, when LaRoza was a neophyte,
About a year ago.

an ubuntu newbie.
Computer newbie. See http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/12/21/an-interview-with-laroza/

I had so many more beans.
Beans don't matter.

But alas...I couldn't keep up with the pressure. Despite my best intentions, work and family wouldn't allow me to post up to 100 replies per day just to keep pace. Now, both in knowledge, bean count, and in sure number of posts I have fallen vastly far behind. I'm just looking for other users with whom to commiserate. :(
You'll get over it, probably :-)

There are people with a higher bean count than Laroza (the rose?).

Yes. I know of three specifically, but there are probably more.

LaRoza doesn't meant "The Rose". It is very similiar to the Spanish name "LaRosa" which means that, but LaRoza is euskara and has a different meaning. See LaRosa: http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=628426

When he was active to get the beans it was during the times the cafe and others counted. Also, I am/was very active in these forums as well so if they counted I would have a much higher number (as if it mattered).

I have gotten 100 beans in a single day on several occasions.

:confused:I think I missed that one when I last visited that thread.

See my original post...

Why was Rav banned? Just posting allot would not be enough to qualify for a ban expecialy of such a good community member.

That is not why. It is sort of complicated, and I don't think it is proper to discuss it.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=5279835&postcount=22

p_quarles
August 3rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
No, that's not why. In any event, there is a resolution center thread on that topic, so those curious should look at that. Since it was a contentious point, let's keep that issue out of this thread please.

I think there are three people with more posts than LaRoza: aysiu, KiwiNZ and taurus.

LaRoza
August 3rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
Since it was a contentious point, let's keep that issue out of this thread please.

Asking for it to be on topic? :-)

I think there are three people with more posts than LaRoza: aysiu, KiwiNZ and taurus.
There is one more that I know of (at least, the last time I checked)

Lostincyberspace
August 3rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
I think I might have for a while Laroza has started super posting since about sept of 07. Before that he was still in his learning stage and wasn't posting a whole ton. I had a streak where I was posting quite a bit for a time at the beginning and so raked up quite a few in a short period. But this all as I remember, and am known to be quite wrong often.

LaRoza
August 3rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
I think I might have for a while Laroza has started super posting since about sept of 07. Before that he was still in his learning stage and wasn't posting a whole ton. I had a streak where I was posting quite a bit for a time at the beginning and so raked up quite a few in a short period. But this all as I remember, and am known to be quite wrong often.

I got the internet at home in October 07 ;)

Lostincyberspace
August 3rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah and that was when you really started posting allot, I knew there was a reason to it.

kevdog
August 4th, 2008, 12:22 AM
In certain situations the number of beans you have do mean a lot. Certain types of contests, poverty, etc. Nothing like a lot of beans to clear a room containing a throng of people.

kevdog
August 4th, 2008, 12:32 AM
The debate about LaRoza's gender has come up over and over again. It has never been revealed, and there is a lot of speculation both ways. My advice would be to forget about it.

steveneddy
August 4th, 2008, 12:47 AM
The debate about LaRoza's gender has come up over and over again. It has never been revealed, and there is a lot of speculation both ways. My advice would be to forget about it.

Don't hijack your own thread.

It isn't about LaRoza's gender, it's about the post count.

kevdog
August 4th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I thought as a thread creator you were endowed with inalienable rights -- one of these being the ability to hijack your own thread :)

And the thread is specifically about post count as it relates to LaRoza -- a bot for sure!

sisco311
August 5th, 2008, 01:45 AM
There is one more that I know of (at least, the last time I checked)
Pumalite?

scragar
August 5th, 2008, 02:06 AM
<offtopic>I hate the fact that LaRoza doesn't give any sort of gender to identify to, it makes it really hard to prase a sentence without having to guess a gender, use (s)he or make a choice of he or she for some unrelated reason. At the same time I agree that LaRoza has the right to keep anything secret that (s)he wants, there's a reason why many forms will have options for "Prefer not to say" or something similar, because this information should be irrelevant.

<ontopic>
I don't think I ever had most posts than LaRoza, I joined later, made like 2 posts in my first 3 months or so, and all in all didn't do much to get a post count.

init1
August 5th, 2008, 02:25 AM
edit

RedPandaFox
August 5th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Or maby LaRoza IS GOD!!! *gasp*

scragar
August 5th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Or maby LaRoza IS GOD!!! *gasp*

nah, your confusing LaRoza with Linus Torvalds.

I could be wrong there though, rumour has it Richard M Stallman is a pretty good god himself, although wikipedia claims that's not true.

RedPandaFox
August 5th, 2008, 03:16 AM
nah, your confusing LaRoza with Linus Torvalds.

Or possible (trying to be religion inclusive and gender neutral)

Linux Torvalds is god, and LaRoza is the child of god? Namely Jesus (or maybe Jebus to be less gender specific?)

steveneddy
August 5th, 2008, 04:50 AM
I thought as a thread creator you were endowed with inalienable rights -- one of these being the ability to hijack your own thread :)

And the thread is specifically about post count as it relates to LaRoza -- a bot for sure!

Oh - I didn't know that....

:|

RedPandaFox
August 5th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Now this thread is hi-jacked by the number of simple words a language has which English doesnt! What next? the cultural significance of party pies?

lisati
August 5th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Now this thread is hi-jacked by the number of simple words a language has which English doesnt! What next? the cultural significance of party pies?
Ou te le iloa.... ("I don't know")

EdThaSlayer
August 5th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Sometimes I wonder if she has a life. Or if multiple people(her "drones") are also posting with her account!

collinp
August 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Sometimes I wonder if she has a life. Or if multiple people(her "drones") are also posting with her account!

Python programmed drones?

beercz
August 5th, 2008, 12:07 PM
No

hvac3901
August 5th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Damn I knew LaRoza was smart and interesting but this is kinda like ROCK STAR status, no?

I would feel a bit crowded if this much was said about me concentrated in one place.

RedPandaFox
August 6th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Think thats bad? I mad a thread bout LaRoza as a meaningless joke, in less than 20 hours, it has 10 pages...

4KvRMU7Nnv
August 6th, 2008, 01:33 AM
well seeing as I can basically watch LaRosa's bean count go up in realtime, her dominance in this field is seemingly secure--If there's even any real reason to compete that is. I say she because she said she would rather be called that.

On another matter because english doesn't allow a third person pronoun that is gender neutral we have two choices: use one of them and think of it as neutral when needed or create a new word in english that actually is gender specific. the latter requires lots of effort and the former would require people to agree on "he" or "she". Because i have always used "he" i would rather it stay that way. Also, just because "he" is used i don't believe that is supposed to be in any way belittling to women.

~LoKe
August 6th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Think I've been gone a little too long to be in this race.

Lostincyberspace
August 6th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Hey welcome back, good to see you aren't dead ~LoKE.

steveneddy
August 7th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Hey welcome back, good to see you aren't dead ~LoKE.

Really - where you been?

Joeb454
August 7th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Welcome back ~LoKE

LaRoza
August 7th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Welcome back ~LoKE

/me looks down on Joeb45's pitiful 4,233 beans.

lisati
August 7th, 2008, 03:02 AM

I still have some way to go too...

LaRoza
August 7th, 2008, 03:04 AM
I still have some way to go too...

Beans don't matter, unless you are Joeb45.

Dual Cortex
August 7th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Hm, I remember when aysiu used to have a 33 posts/day rate.

kevdog
August 7th, 2008, 03:07 PM
LaRoza has had many days were over 100 posts were made.

Joeb454
August 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM

Beans don't matter, unless you are Joeb45.

Who is this Joeb45 you keep referring to?? You seem to like harrassing him

LaRoza has had many days were over 100 posts were made.

I've done that a couple of times. Though I did need all day to do it...

ubuntu27
January 30th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Man! I am not even close to you guys!

EDIT: Hey! Look at my post count! 1400!! :D I like it.

BTY, I found this thread from here (http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=175)

Pumalite
February 20th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Not too bad. I started using Linux in March of 2007. I admit that LaRoza is far superior to me. I'm still learning, but I make the effort to help. I'm a psychiatrist by profession and 70 years old to boot (he, he). I should be playing golf. Somebody will tell me: 'why don't you'

ubuntu27
February 20th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Man! I am not even close to you guys!

EDIT: Hey! Look at my post count! 1400!! :D I like it.

BTY, I found this thread from here (http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=175)

Ah!! What@? Where did my post counts and beans go? I now have less than 1400 post counts :(

Current post count: Posts: 1,385

EDIT: The answer is in the thread: Why were the forums down/why is my post count different? (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1071591)

CJ Master
February 20th, 2009, 08:30 PM
The threads been raised from the dead, a sad reminder of LaRoza's banning.

Let it die >.>

kevdog
February 20th, 2009, 08:42 PM
No -- Bots never die!!!!

scragar
February 20th, 2009, 09:14 PM
The threads been raised from the dead, a sad reminder of LaRoza's banning.

Let it die >.>

Banning?

bapoumba
February 20th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Banning?
Nope, just closing.

Bean count does not mean much, if anything.

Added by matthew: we would like to thank all of the users who enjoyed participating in this thread. We feel the discussion has run its course and are closing it.