PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] vlc, streamtuner

hkd4
August 3rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
I had a system crash and had to rebuild my system from scratch. It had VLC and streamtuner working together to record and play any audio I clicked on in streamtuner. It also copied the title to the file that it saved. I have set up VLC to play anything I click but can't get it to record. I had found the info on how to do the recording with a google search but can not locate it again. (Maybe the post has been removed?) I found a thread on this forum that uses the temporary file generated by streamtuner but VLC can't open it. The temp name also changes each day.
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

cariboo
August 3rd, 2008, 07:46 PM
Open streamtuner and go to Edit-->Preferences change xmms %q to vlc %q beside Listen to .M3u file.

Jim

mrreality13
August 3rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
you can in synaptic get, "streamripper" i use it with vlc, and it will work nicely

hkd4
August 4th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I have already made the changes in streamtuner which allows me to listen to the stream. My problem is I can't record the steam.
Can Streamripper play and record with song titles?
I would like to exaust all efforts on VLC,Streamtuner before I try Streamripper. My old setup allowed me to listen and record with titles which is what I am looking for.

Thanks for the reply's.

I will keep searching and experimenting for the answer.

hkd4
August 5th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Problem solved!!!

Iam using streamtuner with streamripper from directions from Nano at

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-28356.html.

This give me some direction to experiment with for getting vlc to function the way I want.