PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Basic Install Problem

0phatmatt0
August 2nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
I used the live cd for a couple of days and liked it. Today I stuck an old drive in my vista box and installed ubuntu to the drive i stuck in and figured I would use the boot menu to select vista or ubuntu drive until i was fully okay with ubuntu but it corrupted my vista boot and now I cannot use either os.

Could someone please tell me how get my vista to boot again and also how to install ubuntu so that it is completely seperate from the vista drive.

I will look around on the net for some things to try but I wanted to get this out there fast in case I cant find anything before my dad finds out i screwed up his computer

thanks in advance.

Pumalite
August 2nd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Fix your Windows MBR with Super Grub:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/SuperGrubDiskPage.html
Search for confused57 post on:
Dualboot Two Hard Drives

0phatmatt0
August 3rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks.

I had downloaded the SuperGrub iso but since I was using the live cd to boot and search the web, I didnt have access to the burner and I couldnt get the usb version going.

Went to a bud's house and burned the iso, booted from it, didnt do a damn thing except boot from it and now the grub boot menu is working fine. Ubuntu & Vista both booting. Strange that I didnt do anything except stick the cd in and turn it on.

Thanks a heap for your time.

PhatMatt

Pumalite
August 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Change your burner