PDA

View Full Version : Laptop NumLock

fiddledd
August 2nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
I just spent 20 minutes trying to sort out my Laptop keyboard. Every time I pressed the 'm' key I got a '0'. At first I thought it was Firefox, then I tried other apps with the same result. Then I realised it was worse than I thought 'j' gave me '1', 'k' a '2', 'l' a '3'. Then I noticed the little green light, NumLock was on. Very stupid of me, but scary for a while. :)

I bet even if others have done it, they won't admit it.

Ozor Mox
August 2nd, 2008, 05:31 PM
At work I got blocked from the database system because I repeatedly typed my password incorrectly without realising the numlock was on.

FuturePilot
August 2nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
I just spent 20 minutes trying to sort out my Laptop keyboard. Every time I pressed the 'm' key I got a '0'. At first I thought it was Firefox, then I tried other apps with the same result. Then I realised it was worse than I thought 'j' gave me '1', 'k' a '2', 'l' a '3'. Then I noticed the little green light, NumLock was on. Very stupid of me, but scary for a while. :)

I bet even if others have done it, they won't admit it.
I did that once. :redface:

TBOL3
August 2nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
I used to use blender with the numlock. But back then, there was no good 3d drivers my lappy. So it would just crash. When it rebooted, the numlock light was off, but the keys still came out as if they had numlock on. I couldn't start firefox, because it came out f5ref6x. Finally, my keyboard went back to normal by toggling numlock.

Superkoop
August 2nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
I have done this a number of times...:D

fiddledd
August 2nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
You've all made me feel better. Your honesty was very refreshing.:)

5 w6n't d6 5t aga5n n6w. hehe