PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] very big problems

vasluianuliviu
August 2nd, 2008, 04:41 PM
so my sistem is e4500, 2gb ram, psbse, 8500gt, 1x80gb ata, 1x160 gb sataII

on hdd 160 gb am -20 gb XP si rest one data partition
on hdd 80 gb i had ubuntu

after some troubles with video drivers( erased by mistake, and cant reinstaled them) i try reinstall ubuntu.
my problem was that he keep give me reading errors from cd( situation happened when try to install with wubi too from image ??????????)when i try reinstall sand after 6-7 trys and reformating 80gb hdd i let it go

after restart dont boot nothing --- linux error 13 and windows error 17

reinstall windows on 20gb partitions sata II

i have recover MBR with windows cd Recovery console,then boot xp and erase the 80 gb ext3 and made again NTFS

i have successful reinstall ubuntu with some fault ( means erors from reading cd and press SKIP)and after restart boot directly to windows no grub installed??????

again recover MBR with windows cd Recovery console

after that i try it with wubi,and again reading erros from iso IMAGE????????/

sucesful install ubuntu with wubi.

after restart on option windows- ubuntu press windows and boot ok to windows.

if press ubuntu the after 10 sec apeear an boot loader in that booat loader??????????? with 3 linux options( generic, recoveru and mem test)an option windows (

try to press kernele 16 eror 15 to linux and to windows file NTDLR. sys missing??????????????????????? and ask for restart

any ideea? basically i can't install ubuntu with wubi an can't install normal a dual boot, i didn't try only linux on the 160gb hdd cause windows is for my wife :D linux is for the 80gb ata disck

ModelM
August 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
If you keep getting read errors from the CD, I'd toss that disk & do a fresh download & burn a new disk.

vasluianuliviu
August 2nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
If you keep getting read errors from the CD, I'd toss that disk & do a fresh download & burn a new disk.

this will solve de reading errors but how that solve that i can boot to linux after an install either wubi or clean on the 80gb hddd? anyone?

vasluianuliviu
August 4th, 2008, 07:36 AM
this will solve de reading errors but how that solve that i can boot to linux after an install either wubi or clean on the 80gb hddd? anyone?

so noone can help me?

scradock
August 4th, 2008, 03:53 PM
so noone can help me?

Try a fresh CD - then the install problems should be gone. Do burn the CD at as slow a speed as you can - ANY error in writing the data can be fatal, or lead to the symptoms you described at first.

Good luck!