PDA

View Full Version : XBlade Case Rest Button Flashing Red

helliewm
August 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
I have an X-Blade Case and the Reset button is flashing red. Tried googling but I can't seem to find the reason why?

Here are the details of the case http://www.outletpc.com/c0718.html.

I only bought a new PSU a couple of months a decent one it cost £80 a 750 Watt Silent Energy Efficient One.

Its a Quad Core, 4 gigs ram, 500 gig hard drive and Nvidia 8500GT Graphics.

Does anyone know what is happening here? Its a bit worrying flashing red lights?

I have reset it and turned it on and off but its still flashing red?

Helen

Zero Prime
August 2nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
How long has it been doing this? Did you hook the leads up to your mobo correctly?

helliewm
August 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
As far as know everything is correctly wired. I bought it from Bess Systems from Ebay in the UK. BigKen from the Ubuntu Forums runs his own PC Company he checked it over for me when I first got it, the next very day actually. He lives down the road from me. I met him through the forums:) Its only 6 months old. Its had a new PSU as Ken said that was the only thing wrong with it, a rubbish PSU.

I have just moved my desk so unsure how long this has been going on? Plan to buy it a new case and better graphics card in the next 10 days.

I sure it can't be the PSU. My huge IT Dept at work fitted it as I favour again I am sure they would have noticed the wiring too.

But the red light is worrying?
Helen

I have to say it was cheap so I don't mind upgrading it as necessary

Zero Prime
August 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Honestly, I've never heard of a reset button with a light, muchless a flashing light. It may be possible that the light is an activity light.

Recommendation: If you plan on upgrading your case in the near future, I would recommend a good Thermaltake case. I've got a Xaser V series and this thing rocks.