PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Cheese video Capture

Lilszamora
August 2nd, 2008, 08:38 AM
ok when I try and use cheese for video capture I have to force quite it to get the video to stop recording then the video is really messed up no audio and the rate of the video changes...

thanks in advance if anyone can help

collinp
August 2nd, 2008, 09:14 AM
Terminal is the best debug tool, so always try to run the program in terminal and see if it outputs a error. So, for now, run cheese in terminal and post what it outputs here.

flybye88
August 12th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Terminal is the best debug tool, so always try to run the program in terminal and see if it outputs a error. So, for now, run cheese in terminal and post what it outputs here.

I have the same problem, here is the output from starting in terminal:-
http://paste.ubuntu.com/36755/

ron b

Edit: Pefrhaps better here the text directly:-
~$ cheese

** (gnome-video-thumbnailer:9282): WARNING **: Could not take screenshot: no video info

** (gnome-video-thumbnailer:9282): WARNING **: Could not take screenshot: no video info

totem-video-thumbnailer couldn't get a picture from 'file:///home/ron/.gnome2/cheese/media/0002.ogg'

** (cheese:9280): WARNING **: could not load /home/ron/.gnome2/cheese/media/0002.ogg (video/x-theora+ogg)

(gnome-video-thumbnailer:9290): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_event_new_new_segment_full: assertion `start != -1' failed

(gnome-video-thumbnailer:9290): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_event_new_new_segment_full: assertion `start != -1' failed
gnome-video-thumbnailer couldn't process file: 'file:///home/ron/.gnome2/cheese/media/0003.ogg'
Reason: Took too much time to process.

** (cheese:9280): WARNING **: could not load /home/ron/.gnome2/cheese/media/0003.ogg (video/x-theora+ogg)

ajmctaggart
August 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM
What version of gstreamer do you have installed? In Synaptic, you should be able to tell...

The reason is, I noticed that initially the latest gstreamer was giving me problems with Cheese for awhile, affecting my cam's communication w/ the app...possibly similar.

Thanks

balaji.ramasubramanian
November 15th, 2008, 08:47 PM
What version of gstreamer do you have installed? In Synaptic, you should be able to tell...

The reason is, I noticed that initially the latest gstreamer was giving me problems with Cheese for awhile, affecting my cam's communication w/ the app...possibly similar.

Thanks

What should it be? How do you fix it? Don't just write an open ended thing there. Tell us what it should be and how do we fix this problem.

ajmctaggart
January 15th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Wow, I apologize for my lack of specifics, but I assumed my question would be followed by an answer that would lead a bit further into a solution...

Considering we all uses variants of Ubuntu and different distros, I simply stated I had a SIMILAR PROBLEM...I exhibited the problem using Opensuse in Yast, I had not been in Synaptic for quite some time...

Nevertheless, since the original poster never replied, it doesn't matter...