PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Buying albums through Amarok

kdm
August 1st, 2008, 10:31 PM
Ok, I know I am coming from a Windows mindset here, but is the system to purchase Magnatune albums through Amarok safe enough ?
It all seems just too simple! No padlocks, no waiting ages for the page to load etc etc etc.
Does anyone use it regularly ?
Thanks

AndrewTheArt
August 2nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
I wouldn't even consider using it in light of the Amazon MP3 downloader for Linux.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/help/amd.html?ie=UTF8&forceos=LINUX

The sheer selection on Amazon is multiple magnitudes greater than the Amarok store.

Not that I have a particular affinity for Amazon - that is, if Magnitune offered as massive a selection as Amazon does, I'd probably use it simply because of it's nice integration with Amarok.

OK, now I'm gonna go back to my position as cheif sale rep for the Amazon Music Department.

Hehehe, j/k

kdm
August 2nd, 2008, 08:08 AM
Your doing a bangupjob there AndrewTheArt - you deserve to be promoted to CEO of Amazon Music for Linux :)

Seriously tough thanks for the input and I intend to use that, but Magnatune offer music from unsigned acts and it was some of them I was wanting to buy.

Elfy
August 2nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
I'm not sure about through amarok but I have seen that on the website they mention secure site.