PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Rhythmbox pauses between tracks

Epistaxis
August 1st, 2008, 09:41 PM
In Rhythmbox, whenever I'm playing a queue of audio files in which each one is supposed to run immediately into the next without a pause (this is very common with tracks on classical music CDs), there's a slight hesitation at the end of the track; presumably Rhythmbox waits until the first file is done playing before it opens the second file. Is there a way to configure it so there isn't any pause? Winamp doesn't seem to have this problem on my computer; perhaps it preloads the second file before the first finishes. If not, is there another GNOME media player that does this, but still has a "media library" system?

kostkon
August 2nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
In Rhythmbox, whenever I'm playing a queue of audio files in which each one is supposed to run immediately into the next without a pause (this is very common with tracks on classical music CDs), there's a slight hesitation at the end of the track; presumably Rhythmbox waits until the first file is done playing before it opens the second file. Is there a way to configure it so there isn't any pause? Winamp doesn't seem to have this problem on my computer; perhaps it preloads the second file before the first finishes. If not, is there another GNOME media player that does this, but still has a "media library" system?
You mean gapless playback. I think you can do it by going to Preferences -> Playback, enabling the Use Crossfading Backend option and setting the length to zero.

Epistaxis
August 2nd, 2008, 11:44 PM
You mean gapless playback. I think you can do it by going to Preferences -> Playback, enabling the Use Crossfading Backend option and setting the length to zero.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for, and it works perfectly.

kostkon
August 2nd, 2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for, and it works perfectly.
:):):):):):)