PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] How long does 8.04 take to load, up to 19 hours now

delilahjed44
August 1st, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hey Everyone..I am a in a bit of a pickle. I did the up-date to Hardy Heron from Gusty Gibbon and it started last in the evening about 5:30 pm, its 19 hours later and it is still lodged at the support up cupsys-client (1.3-1ubuntu3...< which in in the termainal. So its said about 12 minutes to go last night, and its been 19 hours now and no change. Should I just burn a new 8.04 copy or continue to wait till the up-grade is finishe? because I understand the up-grade can be timely..I just didnt know if it stopped.

Also its my understanding before it completely reloads into 8.04 it will ask you about some of your configurations..well I am just stickint to my guns and keeping my old configuration, is this wise? because I am clueless what to choose there.

As of the moment, nothing is happening, is this ok? do I wait?

Thank you many times over
Sherri

dileepm
August 4th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Woow 19 hours i am not sure of that time you may get installed with around 19 new copies of Ubuntu 8.04 by that time on a average system...

AdamWood
August 4th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I'd do a fresh install after that length of time. I install Ubuntu on PCs all day (from an oem CD I shoud note) and it barely takes 30 mins!

wpshooter
August 4th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Unless you have a REALLY ancient computer, I would say that after 19 hours your install is NOT going to work.

If it were me I would download, burn and install 8.04 from scratch from the ALTERNATE CD version of Ubuntu.