PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

the_lobotomy_kid
November 8th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to all this, so I just thought I'd say hello to everyone.

I've been spewing anti M$ sentiment for sometime, without straying too far away, due to being tied to Windows. Well, along came the Ubuntu Live CD and I was hooked. I've just installed 5.10 on my notebook and after a nice easy install we'll see how it goes.

Just thought I'd give you all a shout and introduce myself - I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm asking questions and bothering you!

Speak soon.

Adrian
November 8th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to all this, so I just thought I'd say hello to everyone.

I've been spewing anti M$ sentiment for sometime, without straying too far away, due to being tied to Windows. Well, along came the Ubuntu Live CD and I was hooked. I've just installed 5.10 on my notebook and after a nice easy install we'll see how it goes.

Just thought I'd give you all a shout and introduce myself - I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm asking questions and bothering you!

Speak soon.

Welcome to the forums and the wonderful world of Ubuntu :)

xequence
November 9th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Asking questions doesent bother us ;) Its part of what we are here for. To ask stuff we dont know, and to answer stuff we do. And to talk about random things.

Welcome =)

the_lobotomy_kid
November 9th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Well, thanks guys, I feel welcome already :)

I've just had my first big(ish) breakthrough - persuading GNOME to load after fiddling with the terminal... so yay! Pretty scary stuff to a newbie, but I'm not scared to dabble because of the support offered here.

I thank you again... and I'm always up for for random chat. What persuaded you guys to move to Linux, and which distros have you tried other than Ubuntu?

I can't believe how good this OS is!

M.