PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] keyboard and mouse problems!

kingbarth
August 1st, 2008, 03:12 AM
I booted the cd and went to install and it all goes well till it gets to the install and my keyboard and mouse dont work :/ they are the ones that came with the computer which is an hp a6230n and are both ps/2 i have also tried switching ps2 keyboard with my other two computers and that still didnt work... any suggestion?
o and im sure this is only with hardy heron 8.04 cuz i never had a problem with any older versions

overdrank
August 1st, 2008, 05:50 AM
I booted the cd and went to install and it all goes well till it gets to the install and my keyboard and mouse dont work :/ they are the ones that came with the computer which is an hp a6230n and are both ps/2 i have also tried switching ps2 keyboard with my other two computers and that still didnt work... any suggestion?
o and im sure this is only with hardy heron 8.04 cuz i never had a problem with any older versions

Hi and welcome, have you checked the cd for errors and you may want to do a checksum on the cd
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

kingbarth
August 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
yea i had checked the disk i acctually figured it out and it wasnt that it was my bios settings for usb legacy keyboard/mouse