PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] 8.04 x64 + FF3 users ... do your Home/End Keys Work?

xen-uno
August 1st, 2008, 01:39 AM
Mine don't ... nor do the arrow & PgUp/PgDn keys (on a web page ... not when on the composition page in a forum). Is anyone else seeing this in FireFox 3?

niyonk
August 1st, 2008, 01:47 AM
Hi, I have FF3 and 64-Bit Hardy.
My keys work

Did you mess around with any settings for your keyboard?? I don't remember the exact settings.

Have they ever worked anyway? Or have you been experiencing this lately

PinkFloyd102489
August 1st, 2008, 02:05 AM
Mine work fine.

xen-uno
August 1st, 2008, 02:17 AM
They work as desired in the OS & other apps, just not FF3. It's not recent either, I think they've never worked (but did on same computer with 7.10 & FF2). Could be something turned off in about:config or some key binding issue in an xml or chrome. Anyone have an idea what specific entry to look for? 8.04 was a clean install BTW.

xen-uno
August 1st, 2008, 04:22 AM
By golly I fixed it by Edit>Preferences>Advanced>General(tab) and checking "Always use the cursor keys ...", saving, hitting a few of the problem keys, then going back and unchecking that option. I had also uninstalled the Paste and Go 2 extension as it doesn't work correctly under Linux. One or both corrected the problem ... hopefully long term.

Not sure how to mark the thread title as [solved] ... can edit the post titles easy enough

niyonk
August 1st, 2008, 04:37 AM
There is an option in the thread tools to mark thread as solved :lolflag:

xen-uno
August 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Aye matey!