PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video Issue With Intel D201GLY2 motherboard

thevenerablez
July 31st, 2008, 11:25 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to run Ubuntu 8.04 on my Intel D201GLY2 (Mini-ITX)-based system. I have a widescreen monitor and would like to use 1680 x 1050 resolution. When I select this option in the Screen Resolution preferences, the monitor switches resolution, and I get nasty vertical banding spaced about 1 centimeter apart, with grainy pixels separating each band.

I looked into this and believe I need a third-party SiS964 driver. Does anyone know what this problem is? I would greatly appreciate any help you could give.

Thanks,
Zach

mishathegoat
August 31st, 2008, 07:41 PM
[Bump] I'm having similar issues

mishathegoat
July 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Even after a year I still have this problem...

[Bump]

Lovecraftian Horror
August 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM
[bump]

Me three. I know this is really old, but I've had this board for about a year and a half with the issue. I'm pretty sure it's to do with the refresh rate.

Have either of you experimented with the official Intel drivers?

Lovecraftian Horror
August 29th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Go to the terminal, cd to your root directory.

sudo mousepad etc/x11/xorg.conf
Replace mousepad with editor of choice.
My output:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Monitor "Configured Monitor"
Device "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

By simply adding

Driver "vesa"
to the device section, I got rid of the vertical lines. Unfortunately, I'm now stuck with 1280x, 1024x, and 800x resolution. I have a 1440x900 monitor, so I'm playing with xorg.conf some more.

mishathegoat
February 28th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Thank you lovecratian but it doesn't look like a xorg.conf file exists anymore on 9.10..

Anyone have any suggestions? This issue has been bugging me for 2 years now and I still haven't found a sucessful solution that will work on my desktop