PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Recent Applications in Menu

IMELucky
July 31st, 2008, 07:59 PM
Hey Ubuntu Community!

I'm wondering if there's a way to customize the gnome panel so that the applications that I use the most frequently appear in the root menu? Kind of like Windows XP (UGH!) but I'm sure all of you understand the idea. Please let me know if this can be done or if Gnome doesn't have this functionality yet then please say so. Either way, I look forward to hearing back from you!

IMELucky

dannystaple
August 23rd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Hey Ubuntu Community!

I'm wondering if there's a way to customize the gnome panel so that the applications that I use the most frequently appear in the root menu? Kind of like Windows XP (UGH!) but I'm sure all of you understand the idea. Please let me know if this can be done or if Gnome doesn't have this functionality yet then please say so. Either way, I look forward to hearing back from you!

IMELucky

You know, that is a cool idea, it saves me having to drill down so often in a session when starting apps in the gui. I would love to know if there is something like that.

Keith Hedger
August 23rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
right click on the Applications men and select "Edit Menus", you can then add your own menus/menu items.

marquisor
November 20th, 2009, 12:37 AM
and then? what application should there be added for showing "last 10 recent applications"??

rrob
January 5th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Yes, i need it too. Its shame that Microsoft have it and we not .(

finny388
July 29th, 2010, 07:01 PM
one more vote for recent apps :D