PDA

View Full Version : Really Simple Ubuntu Poster...

kevin11951
July 31st, 2008, 09:52 AM
In my free time (the last hour or so) I created a nice, little, simple, and elegant poster. i created it using strictly open source software (gimp and open office). i was trying to create something to use as promotional material at a local LoCo meet up...

be blunt and help me make it look better for the meeting

also if you could help me find some professional quality promotional material, please.

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/download.php?content=86323&id=1&tan=63894798

:popcorn:

stinger30au
July 31st, 2008, 10:31 AM
i really liked reading that. If Canonical ever sell Ubuntu in a pretty box, they should stick what you have written there on the out side of it

billgoldberg
July 31st, 2008, 10:59 AM
In my free time (the last hour or so) I created a nice, little, simple, and elegant poster. i created it using strictly open source software (gimp and open office). i was trying to create something to use as promotional material at a local LoCo meet up...

be blunt and help me make it look better for the meeting

also if you could help me find some professional quality promotional material, please.

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/download.php?content=86323&id=1&tan=63894798

:popcorn:

Pass out those folders, maybe include a picture of the desktop.

Order some Ubuntu cd's, they look more professional then when you burn them yourself.

If you say it's for the loco or for promotional purposes you'll be able to get loads of them.

And pass those along with the flyer.

tom66
July 31st, 2008, 11:21 AM
Very good, but might I suggest making the background logo/emblem a bit lighter. It's a bit 'in your face', if you ask me. And it might be nice to include a few screenshots.

Just my two cents.

Tomosaur
July 31st, 2008, 03:55 PM
Get rid of the big block of white space at the bottom. It looks like you've run out of things to say, and this is never good when you're trying to promote something!

wolfen69
July 31st, 2008, 04:52 PM
nice job. keep up the good work.