PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Create Network Repo Mirror Using Alternate CD

firefly2442
July 31st, 2008, 03:28 AM
Hello all.

I'm trying to install Ubuntu on my new Asus eee PC. Since it doesn't have a hard drive I've been trying both USB and network installs. The USB drive worked fine except I want the alternate CD for HD encryption and wasn't able to mount the USB drive and make it think it was the CDROM. Anyway, I tried a network install and so far it's been flawless. I got tftp and dhcp setup and have been able to successfully boot my machine. The part where I'm getting stuck is specifying the network repository. Since I don't have internet access I would like to copy the packages from my alternate CD to apache to do the network install. I tried this but didn't have any luck. I also tried apt-mirror but that didn't seem to work either. Shouldn't I just be able to copy the entire directory from the CD to my apache server and point to that?

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

firefly2442
July 31st, 2008, 04:30 AM
Hmm, well it seems that the ethernet driver doesn't seem to be supported. I guess I could try adding the driver in but maybe I'll just give the regular desktop version a shot through USB. I guess I could always add in additional packages later.