PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro...

Fozz929
July 31st, 2008, 03:21 AM
I'm thinking of buying a MacBook Pro but I'm seeing some sites reporting that Apple is about to release an upgraded/updated model. My question is (directed mainly at users who have purchased Apple products in the past) if I purchase a MBP in the next few days and Apple does in fact updated the model line shortly thereafter, will I have to settle with my "new" old model? Do you think that the update is going to be radically different from the current model? Any help is greatly appreciated!

wrtpeeps
July 31st, 2008, 03:22 AM
I'm am thinking of buying a MacBook Pro but I'm seeing some sites reporting that Apple is about to release an upgraded/updated model. My question is (directed mainly at users who have purchased Apple products in the past) if I purchase a MBP in the next few days and Apple does in fact updated the model line shortly thereafter, will I have to settle with my "new" old model? Do you think that the update is going to be radically different from the current model? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I think I read somewhere that the new model is a bit cheaper?

ickyfeet
July 31st, 2008, 03:39 AM
I would wait. I purchased a MBP a few weeks before a major update out of necessity but in retrospect it would have been nicer to wait and lose a week or two of productivity. It's worth the wait if it gets you a better specs for the same price.

Fozz929
July 31st, 2008, 03:47 AM
I would wait. I purchased a MBP a few weeks before a major update out of necessity but in retrospect it would have been nicer to wait and lose a week or two of productivity. It's worth the wait if it gets you a better specs for the same price.

Uggh... That's what I didn't want to hear. I know that it would probably be better to wait but it's really difficult. Thanks for your help!

dracule
July 31st, 2008, 03:59 AM
idk

i have 4 friends w/ MBP's and all of them have discoloration where their wrists rest to type. Like the finish just rubbed off.

OffHand
July 31st, 2008, 07:26 AM
And buy Applecare... Usually it pays back to purchase it.

schauerlich
July 31st, 2008, 08:16 AM
I'm thinking of buying a MacBook Pro but I'm seeing some sites reporting that Apple is about to release an upgraded/updated model. My question is (directed mainly at users who have purchased Apple products in the past) if I purchase a MBP in the next few days and Apple does in fact updated the model line shortly thereafter, will I have to settle with my "new" old model? Do you think that the update is going to be radically different from the current model? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Apple usually doesn't like to announce when they'll announce things, but if their recent history is anything to go by they will announce something in Septemberish. Last year it was new iPods. They've also done some in the beginning of August, but we would have heard about it by now.

Also, this page will help if you do decide to get it:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro