PDA

View Full Version : Did you notice...

SigmaSanti
July 30th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Did you notice that searching the Ubuntu logo brings up an unusually large amount of bad images!? :confused: Its crazy! Not to mention annoying, even with Google safe search it comes up - even when doing a web search it shows sample images. I mean jeez...
Okay, deep breath, ...
So, yeah its pretty sad.
</end_ranting_and_raving>

July 31st, 2008, 12:27 AM
Aye, the first was of ladies bottoms arranged in a circle and another was of topless women standing in a circle though they were pressed so close together you could not really see anything, and a wallpaper with a nude lady. (Looked to be done artfully but it is probably not for everyones tastes.)

But, three out of 100 is not necessarily a lot. (Though the one with the bottoms was repeated many times.)

Their were a few more that may have been a bit provocative but those three were the only ones that showed any of the "naughty bits".

rossjman1
July 31st, 2008, 12:57 AM
Like this one: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1195/1072754781_6c2b70ecf6.jpg. I don't think that the guy realizes that the logo is backwards.

K.Mandla
July 31st, 2008, 01:35 AM
Like this one: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1195/1072754781_6c2b70ecf6.jpg. I don't think that the guy realizes that the logo is backwards.
Maybe the picture was reversed? or taken in a mirror?

wrtpeeps
July 31st, 2008, 01:36 AM

Ok, that's pretty sad.

Zeotronic
July 31st, 2008, 01:41 AM
Did you notice that searching the Ubuntu logo brings up an unusually large amount of bad images!? Its crazy! Not to mention annoying, even with Google safe search it comes up - even when doing a web search it shows sample images. I mean jeez...
Okay, deep breath, ...
So, yeah its pretty sad.
I have to admit, I find this rather disturbing.

steveneddy
July 31st, 2008, 01:49 AM
Ok, that's pretty sad.

Uh....yeah.

tiachopvutru
July 31st, 2008, 01:52 AM
Aye, the first was of ladies bottoms arranged in a circle and another was of topless women standing in a circle though they were pressed so close together you could not really see anything, and a wallpaper with a nude lady. (Looked to be done artfully but it is probably not for everyones tastes.)

But, three out of 100 is not necessarily a lot. (Though the one with the bottoms was repeated many times.)

Their were a few more that may have been a bit provocative but those three were the only ones that showed any of the "naughty bits".

You forgot the one with panties-shots (undergarments-shots, rather).

For some reasons, they are all in this post: NSFW warning, btw http://fearlexworld.com/2007/05/04/logos-de-ubuntu-no-aptos-para-menores/

wrtpeeps
July 31st, 2008, 02:07 AM
SOme excellent logos on that page.

July 31st, 2008, 02:19 AM
You forgot the one with panties-shots (undergarments-shots, rather).

So panties are naughty?
They are not to me but, I guess that is all in the opinion of the observer.
Personally, I do not find any part of the body "naughty" or offensive, but do consider depictions of intercourse for uses other than education as a private matter between consenting adults.

I didn't see any of that though.

wrtpeeps
July 31st, 2008, 02:33 AM
So panties are naughty?
They are not to me but, I guess that is all in the opinion of the observer.
Personally, I do not find any part of the body "naughty" or offensive, but do consider depictions of intercourse for uses other than education as a private matter between consenting adults.

I didn't see any of that though.

I didn't see enough to be honest.

SigmaSanti
July 31st, 2008, 02:45 AM
I wonder how some of the more explicit pictures ended up first in the list...
oh, wait, stupid question.

wrtpeeps
July 31st, 2008, 02:49 AM
I wonder how some of the more explicit pictures ended up first in the list...
oh, wait, stupid question.

Most viewed. Compared to the number of people who want to see these cooler versions, how many do you think want to view the actual logo?

voteforpedro36
July 31st, 2008, 04:36 AM
Most viewed. Compared to the number of people who want to see these cooler versions, how many do you think want to view the actual logo?

How many people decide to Google the Ubuntu logo when they want to see the cooler versions? I mean, there are sites for that.

init1
July 31st, 2008, 06:15 AM
Did you notice that searching the Ubuntu logo brings up an unusually large amount of bad images!? :confused: Its crazy! Not to mention annoying, even with Google safe search it comes up - even when doing a web search it shows sample images. I mean jeez...
Okay, deep breath, ...
So, yeah its pretty sad.
</end_ranting_and_raving>
There was a thread in the Backyard about Google Image searches for Ubuntu coming up with tubgirl

Atomic Dog
July 31st, 2008, 06:47 AM
There was a thread in the Backyard about Google Image searches for Ubuntu coming up with tubgirl

Damn you for making me look up tubgirl. You owe me a meal.

Please, for your own good do not look up tubgirl if you want to keep your lunch. Man that was sick-making.

OutOfReach
July 31st, 2008, 06:54 AM
Damn you for making me look up tubgirl. You owe me a meal.

Please, for your own good do not look up tubgirl if you want to keep your lunch. Man that was sick-making.

Gah, that makes me wanna go look at tubgirl, CURSE MY CURIOSITY!. I'll try and retain myself. :D

tiachopvutru
July 31st, 2008, 08:25 AM
Gah, that makes me wanna go look at tubgirl, CURSE MY CURIOSITY!. I'll try and retain myself. :D

I wonder if he's talking about the "Tubgirl's Breakfast Chocolate Explosion" result, where a drawn-woman pooped chocolates out of her anus.

It was disturbing but not to the level Atomic Dog was making, mostly because it's drawn and not real. =p