PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Syncing my Ipod Nano

F150
July 30th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I just want to add more music to my Ipod Nano plane and simple. I have looked around at other peoples threads and I'm still lost so I joined the site and now I need your help. I'm fairly new to Ubuntu I love it but I need some help..... Please!!!
I have Rhythmbox and Amarok installed. I cant get Amarok to recognize my Ipod and I can't figure out how to add music using Rhythmbox.

odysseusjak
July 30th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I used an app called Songbird. When you install it, one of the plugins if for iPod. Launch Songbird first, it will walk you through some basic config stuff then it launches a filebrowswer. This is looking for your music library (there is no dialogue box, but that is what it's looking for). Then, once it finishes importing all your music, and everything seems finished, hook up your iPod. It should give you some message about it being coupled with a different app and asks if you want to delete all of its music and sync it with Songbird.

You can get Songbird here (http://www.getdeb.net/release/2869).

knightcoder
July 30th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Songbird is still under development. I had songbird and it didn't even recognize my iPod. I had the iPod plugin also installed.

Plus, the newest version of songbird is a memory hog. I know its a great project. It just needs some more time. I wouldn't suggest you to use songbird until a release version is available.

I still sync my library and listen to songs on the Internet with it though.

odysseusjak
July 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM
It's the only thing that I could sync my new iPod with. I mean, it has an actual sync option. With every other app, I had to manually drag and drop files. I use just about anything else to listen to music or stream internet radio. But for syncing my iPod, I've not found anything else to come close.