PDA

View Full Version : Did A Good Deed Today

Nullack
July 30th, 2008, 09:04 AM
So Im at the shopping mall buying my groceries. In front is an elderly lady and a younger man who struck me as a bit special. She was buying a single brocolli. The young man obviously had command of the finances and he was counting each coin to pay for to the bunch of brocolli. Eventually the shop attendant started helping him count it to move along.

A woman behind me tutted audibly her annoyance. Then the checkout lady came to the conclusion they were a dollar and twenty cents short. The old lady said to the younger guy "go get a smaller one then" and he looked at her confused.

The woman behind me tutted twice now getting all annoyed and I turned around, and said "you know what?", and I told everyone I was paying the difference. The old woman was delighted and she thanked God for my blessing. Im not religous but I was anyway quute chuffed about my little deed.

I was thinking on the way home she's probably a widow, who's husband was no doubt drafted into the war and served my country well. Tomorrow is pension pay day so she is obviously skimp until then.

I thought to myself there is too much impatience, too much intolerance and dam not enough heart in the world and if I can do my little bit I can rest easy with myself at night.

kitili
July 30th, 2008, 09:19 AM
*claps*

adewale
July 30th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Now thats the spirit of ubuntu. War is a terrible thing but sometimes dialogue can pose to be impossible. The world isn't perfect, but we can also strive to make it a better place

northern lights
July 31st, 2008, 12:06 AM
Dude, respect from my side also.

Humans are generally cruel. It ain't so fun a world we live in if you ain't got the financial means to keep a low profile...

Often, I am you. But as much as I try, if I have a bad day once in a while, I can also be the bitchy lady getting annoyed in the queue.

We gotta watch not to end up an a**hole like that later on in life.

Bless your heart, nl

Tomosaur
July 31st, 2008, 04:24 PM
Nice work - it's always good when people help each other out!

luctor
July 31st, 2008, 04:27 PM
God bless you :-)

eragon100
July 31st, 2008, 04:29 PM
Nice of you! :KS