PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Upgrading KDE 4.0 to KDE 4.1

AnarchyCow
July 29th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry that I am a complete linux newbie, but, I love the look of KDE 4, and so that's why I'm using it, and well, I noticed that the CD of Kubuntu only comes with KDE 4.0, and I'm wondering how it would be possible for me to go about upgrading to KDE 4.1 RC1. I ran 4.1 RC1 alongside the basic 3.5.5 install of KDE, but noticed that I was having some problems with Apps showing up and themes on most apps was messed up because they were setup in 3.5, so I installed Kubuntu with KDE 4.0.

But, to be honest, I don't even have any idea where to start for upgrading to 4.1 RC1.

Would it be the same procedure that I used to install 4.1 on my 3.5 install, and that it would just overwrite the 4.0 files, or would it be different?

I want to upgrade, I don't want to install it alongside my current installation.

kuja
July 30th, 2008, 12:44 AM
The instructions for installing KDE 4.1 can be found here (http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-4.1). It installs alongside KDE3 - but it replaces KDE 4.0.x.

BLTicklemonster
July 30th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Here I go. Every time a new KDE comes out, like a moth to a flame, I go right to it only to find myself in utter frustration over why I do it each time.
And awaaay we go!!!