PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution Smtp Authentication Problem

m_vrik
July 29th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I am running Ubuntu 7.10 and imported my Evolution setting from another computer running Debian 2.6.25-2-686. I can receive POP3 mail ok but I was having my email from a Yahoo mail account forwarded to my primary mail server and the Smtp server is smtpauth.sbcglobal.net. When I try to send out mail I am asked for the Yahoo server authentication password but it is not accepted when I type it. I just keep getting asked for the password. I have tried switching the SMTP server back to my primary mail server address but I still get the requests for the Yahoo authentication password. Any ideas. Thanks for your input in advance.

carlo bolzonello
August 11th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I have the same issue however i am running the heron. My problem is with exchange authentication. It worked for a while, then i changed the setting to create a copy of my exchange mailbox on the local machine. BOOM!!, dead now, same issue and it tells me that it has a error while scanning http://etc.

I have have checked my account on the windows domain, its fine. Maybe someone can help us. I am going to try and use wireshark to see if i can see a issue.

carlo bolzonello
August 12th, 2008, 07:33 AM
have you looked at the evolution site yet?

http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/

I am reading about things now to see if i can solve the issues we are having

carlo bolzonello
August 12th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Got my mail to work, just read though their info on exchange properly and did my settings right.looking in to your issue now

m_vrik
August 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Carlo,
Sorry that I didn't get back to you when I posted this thread two weeks ago. In fact, I just posted another thread and didn't check my previous threads (Ooch! I could have had a V-8). Problem is that I have been switching back and forth from Debian to Ubuntu and this email problem has been following me because I'm using the same restore archive file and the settings remain the same. I think that if I can delete the Yahoo host server from my settings I will be able to go back to my personal email server host. What did you find out about your problem?