PDA

View Full Version : Election day in Virginia, USA

Brunellus
November 8th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Please remember to go out and vote today.

TravisNewman
November 8th, 2005, 06:15 AM
I wish I could. My dumb ass forgot to change districts and I can't get off work to drive an hour to Galax.

oddabe19
November 8th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Our election today is Limited (Pennsylvania), not our governor, but some judges mayors, etc... are up for reelection today...
Which is a good thing, it's the first step in getting rid of everyone that's leading PA right now. They raised property taxes, tuition for state schools, and gave themselves a 16%-34% raise in july ($81,000 base salary), not many people are happy, considering Pennsylvanians make about the least (average) salaries in the nation.
www.pacleansweep.com

Anyway, enough babble. Vote :-)

Brunellus
November 8th, 2005, 07:22 PM
I wish I could. My dumb ass forgot to change districts and I can't get off work to drive an hour to Galax.
pity. you have the vote; I don't, yet.

YourSurrogateGod
November 8th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Shouldn't this thread belong in the backyard forum? Since it has a touch of politics and all...

majikstreet
November 8th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I'm not from Virginia, but live close enough to see the commericals... The commercials are annoying as hell!

My mom thinks all politicans are liars, and so do I.

gray-squirrel
November 8th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I wish I could go to the polls, but I had to be in at work today and the rush hour traffic in the morning would've had made me extremely late (like last year) and I never get out of D.C. to get to my polling location in Manassas early enough to beat the 7:00 p.m. closing. (I can't leave early, and it is a two-hour drive through deliberately created gridlock.)

Besides, the only candidates I could pick out differences were the ones running for attorney general. I would never be able to decide if there was no clear cut difference. So for now I will save myself the stress and not break my neck trying to get to the polls.

Now, next year, I will make a greater effort since Congress can and does make laws which affect how we compute: hopefully, we can find some anti-TCPA, anti-DRM candidates out there, and perhaps educate those who are curious.