PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Brasero Crash

subaruwrc01
July 29th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I'm trying to burn my music collection to DVD using Brasero, but Brasero keeps crashing. It creates a checksum for the disk and when it starts to actually burn, Brasero crashes. Any ideas what is causing this? Or what other programs out there will burn data DVDs?

Sef
July 29th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Or what other programs out there will burn data DVDs?

I use GnomeBaker. It is available from the respositories.

dca
July 29th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Verify write speed, if it's still within range you should still drop it down a little from there. Start small, 4x write speed or something...

subaruwrc01
July 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Gnome Baker isn't working either, but at least I get output.

Executing 'genisoimage -gui -V GnomeBaker data disk -A GnomeBaker -p Ryan Spicer -iso-level 3 -l -r -hide-rr-moved -J -joliet-long -graft-points --path-list /tmp/GnomeBaker-ryan/gnomebaker-V1NLEU | builtin_dd of=/dev/sr1 obs=32k seek=0'
I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
Using APOCALYPTICA_AMPLIFIED_A000.JPG;1 for Amplified/Apocalyptica-Amplified(ADecadeOfReinventingTheCello)(HQ)-Back.jpg (Apocalyptica-Amplified(ADecadeOfReinventingTheCello)(HQ)-Front.jpg)
/dev/sr1: "Current Write Speed" is 6.6x1352KBps.
:-( unable to WRITE@LBA=0h: Input/output error
:-( write failed: Input/output error

Bobrm2
November 17th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Having exactly the same problem. Attempting to backup Thunderbird (.Mozilla/thunderbird). Invoking Brasero requesting a "data" burn: should it be an "image" burn? Set disk size to 700, data is 254 MB in size.

Disks show no content; however the files I wish to copy are in "TMP". i.e. a inserted blank disk invokes Brasero. Now the "Space" bar is red in Brasero is all red indicating (?). There should be plenty of space left on the "blank" disk.

Must be leaving a step out. Your help appreciated.

Bob

anc2020
December 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Same problem here.

I've got a relatively fresh install of 64bit Ubuntu 8.10 on a quad core.

Both Brasero and GnomeBaker appear to start up okay, but both crash if I click on "Audion cd".

Orfintain
December 18th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Brasero crashes sometimes on open and sometimes it makes it too the point where I add pick out songs for an audio CD but I have not be able to start a project.

Edit - I installed gnomebaker and it is doing the same thing

Edit 2 - I fixed k3b by install the extra packages (which means I don't need either of the other two problematic ones)

sudo apt-get install libk3b2-extracodecs

raydar
January 6th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Same problem here: Brasero creates checksum and then just exits without any message.

I see other people here trying other apps, and some say it helps, others that they do the same. I guess I'll try & find out.

theozzlives
January 6th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I'm trying to burn my music collection to DVD using Brasero, but Brasero keeps crashing. It creates a checksum for the disk and when it starts to actually burn, Brasero crashes. Any ideas what is causing this? Or what other programs out there will burn data DVDs?

I took off Brasero and installed Nero Linux. Not free but works great.

raydar
January 6th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I installed K3b, and rather than diligently testing it before installing libk3b2-extracodecs I went ahead and installed that too. Burn was successful. I don't like not understanding why it worked, but I'm glad it worked! (Thanks, Orfintain)

cozmicharlie
January 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM
This is a bug in Brasero and I recall it has something to do with the temp file it is trying to access. I believe their is a fix but I don't remember exactly where I found it (a forum search should come up with something). I fixed my problem by installing k3b as others have suggested. IMHO, k3b is better than Brasero anyways.

jocheem67
January 6th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I use k3b instead of brasero too, due to crashing/instability....

However there's also the built-in burn-engine in ubuntu. Often that just suits my needs. It's very straightforward.

I don't see the need to use nero, k3b has the same specs. and maybe more....

cozmicharlie
January 7th, 2009, 05:38 PM
i don't see the need to use nero, k3b has the same specs. And maybe more....

+1