PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Thunderbird crash

j0sh78
July 29th, 2008, 07:11 AM
hi all
from some days i launch thunderbird and after some minutes it crash...

i can see the program in the application bar but if i click on it i can't see the application window... only a border appear on my screen

i tried to compact folders and thunderbird works good for 2/3 days... now it still crash

j0sh78
July 29th, 2008, 07:13 AM
when thunderbird crash it use cpu at 50% ... probably is doing something

denon.carbunkle
July 29th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I've been fighting the Hang/Crash problem for days, ever since Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 was installed. A new Firefox/Mozilla patch came out tonight that I was hoping would fix the library problem, but no luck.

When I start Thunderbird, it hangs immediately at least 2-4 times and then will begin to work for some random period (minutes to max 1 hour) when it will hang again - only way to recover is Force Quit each time it hangs and start the application again.

NOTE: I never had problems BEFORE 2.0.0.16 was installed and the problems began almost immediately after the upgrade process. It is extremely annoying!!!!!!

j0sh78
July 29th, 2008, 08:01 AM
NOTE: I never had problems BEFORE 2.0.0.16 was installed and the problems began almost immediately after the upgrade process. It is extremely annoying!!!!!!

i'm using 2.0.0.14 with same problems

jemdos
July 29th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Greetings from sunny Spain

I do get crashes from the last couple of versions of thunderbird under ubuntu 7.10. It just shuts down.

I've come to realize that's some kind of issue with the message filters. No filters, no crashes.

I dunno if this will help you. I was wandering looking for a cure for my troubles 8)

Superevil
July 29th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Thunderbird kept crashing on me when it would download new mail so I got sick of it and installed and set up Evolution instead.

Machiavelli
September 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
Thunderbird kept crashing on me when it would download new mail so I got sick of it and installed and set up Evolution instead.

I have the same problem. (using 2.0.0.16) Swiftdove diden't do the trick either. Evolution isen't a bad e-mail client after all.

Machiavelli
October 21st, 2008, 02:46 PM
Thunderbird (2.0.0.17) dosen 't crash anymore now that I unchecked "play sound" and "show a message box" when reciving e-mail.

I hope this information might work for somebody else to.