PDA

View Full Version : Yes! Realplayer 10(for windows) works in wine!

cowlip
November 8th, 2005, 02:04 AM
I am so unhappy with Linux media software right now so I've even tried installing WMP9. This says it will work, but I'll post back my experience: http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=3389

zenwhen
November 8th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Cool. Linux needs more applications that don't follow any known user interface guidelines.

Maybe it can steal your associations in Linux too. :)

TravisNewman
November 8th, 2005, 03:45 AM
why not use realplayer for linux?

Sirin
November 8th, 2005, 05:10 AM
why not use realplayer for linux?

Because Realplayer for Windows is a full-featured multimedia application with a music store, a music library, a media guide, which practically makes it comparable to iTunes. Reaplayer for Linux, however, is just a player. Nothing but a clone of Totem that supports RealMedia formats, nothing more. Can you get all the features for Realplayer 10 for Windows in Realplayer 10 for Linux? The Library? the Media Guide? The CD ripper and burner? The PMP Sync? And most importantly, The Music Store? Didn't think so. ;)

Qrk
November 8th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Because Realplayer for Windows is a full-featured multimedia application with a music store, a music library, a media guide, which practically makes it comparable to iTunes. Reaplayer for Linux, however, is just a player. Nothing but a clone of Totem that supports RealMedia formats, nothing more. Can you get all the features for Realplayer 10 for Windows in Realplayer 10 for Linux? The Library? the Media Guide? The CD ripper and burner? The PMP Sync? And most importantly, The Music Store? Didn't think so. ;)

How about the adware?

Sirin
November 8th, 2005, 06:42 AM
How about the adware?

You mean the adware that is designed for Windows and wouldn't affect Linux?

H.E. Pennypacker
July 23rd, 2006, 11:12 PM
Awesome! Congratulations...I too was trying to figure out whether it was possible to install RealPlayer 10 via Wine. Just like yourself, I am interested in the additional features that the Windows version of RealPlayer has (e.g. the library) as opposed to just the player (which Linux has).

My praise goes to the makers of Wine (the application, not the drink :)).