PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] sudo apt-get error (broken libraries)

scuba123
July 29th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem regarding to "sudo apt-get". If I ran it, I received the following error messages:
apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by apt-get)
apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by apt-get)
apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6.so.4.6)
apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6.so.4.6)
apt-get: relocation error: /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6.so.4.6: symbol _ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13ba sic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i, version GLIBCXX_3.4.9 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

I have tried with the following commands but still have no luck:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/local/lib/
sudo apt-get install -f
sudo dpkg --configure -a
Please help. Your effort is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

scuba123

Partyboi2
July 30th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Try what is suggested in this bug report (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/180160).

scuba123
July 30th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Hello Partyboi2,

Thanks for your reply. I followed the listed suggestion on the link. Let me paste the suggestions:
$ ldconfig -p |grep libstdc++

libstdc++.so.6 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
libstdc++.so.6 (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6
$ diff /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6
Binary files /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 and /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6
differ
The two files are different which means there are two different versions gcc
in the system? I found a gcc directory under /usr/local

Then : $ cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf
# libc default configuration
/usr/local/lib

I added /usr/lib to the file and then run :
$sudo ldconfig
---------------------------------------
Then I restarted my pc. When I re-tried to run "sudo apt-get", I still received the following error messages:
apt-get: relocation error: /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6.so.4.6: symbol _ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13ba sic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i, version GLIBCXX_3.4.9 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference
------------------------
Do you have any other suggestions? Please help. Thanks alot.

Regards,

scuba123

semem
February 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I had the same problem. I installed the second gcc and then couldn't use apt-get and some other programs.

To repair this problem I added in libc.conf line /usr/lib and COMMENT!!! default line /usr/local/lib. It seems it helped me.

P.S.: with two lines /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib in libc.conf it doesn't work

Have fun,
Dima

botcser
November 17th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I had the same problem. I installed the second gcc and then couldn't use apt-get and some other programs.

To repair this problem I added in libc.conf line /usr/lib and COMMENT!!! default line /usr/local/lib. It seems it helped me.

P.S.: with two lines /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib in libc.conf it doesn't work

Have fun,
Dima

Thx you, its real work!
(then need to run "ldconfig")