PDA

View Full Version : Machinehead, Black Tide, Dragonforce, Disturbed, Slipknot: I saw them all.

Luke has no name
July 28th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Mayhem Fest '08!

Holy effing HELL, that was the most intense night of rocking I've ever had in my life. I thought I was going to die in the mosh of Slipknot, I don't know how people can stay in there for 3 hours straight. Disturbed put on a hell of a show, their music is so awesome. 10 hours of rocking in the Houston sun, damn!

The circle pits are insane... God, what an awesome day. This is not the last time I see Disturbed. I only got to see one Dragonforce song, due to losing the person I was watching over and returning a lost phone :(. There will be more concerts though!

Now, if I can see Metallica, RATM, SOAD (maybe?), Godsmack, Journey.. <_<

Here's a question, though: Why do the ugliest women (with a few exceptions) wear the most revealing clothing? It's like they're trying to look worse, haha.

Moustacha
July 28th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Son of a...It's a shame australia doesn't get any awesome festivals like that. Best we got is BDO and that never has enough bands that I like to warrant me going. But!! DragonForce is coming here in october, got my tickets today. I hope to be sh*tting wizards after.

RiceMonster
July 28th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Well that's unfortunate.

I used to be big into Dragonforce, now I find them funny more than anything. They're pretty fun live though, even though they're so sloppy because they're drunk. As for the other bands: no thanks. Yes I do like like metal, by the way.

System of a Down is fun live. You also want to see Megadeth live, instead of Metallica. Who wants to see Metallica anymore? They're way past their prime, and plus Megadeth was always better.

acelin
July 28th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Well that's unfortunate.

I used to be big into Dragonforce, now I find them funny more than anything. They're pretty fun live though, even though they're so sloppy because they're drunk. As for the other bands: no thanks. Yes I do like like metal, by the way.

System of a Down is fun live. You also want to see Megadeth live, instead of Metallica. Who wants to see Metallica anymore? They're way past their prime, and plus Megadeth was always better.

Dragonforce sound nothing like they do on their cd when playing live. They are LAME!

RiceMonster
July 28th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah I know, I was referring to the energy they have, not how well they play, because they don't play well live at all. They're fun when you actually go to one of their shows, even though all their songs sound the same.

Luke has no name
July 28th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Well, I enjoyed Disturbed most, as I like their music and their performance was awesome. Slipknot had a great show as well, but I was feeling like crap by that time, and I don't know their music well.

Dragonforce played well as far as I am concerned, but as it was still daylight, I missed it, etc., I can't comment much. I heard "Valley of the Damned" and "Through the Fire and Flames", and I had a blast jamming.