PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Intel 945GM -- updated Xorg driver?

xi0nic
July 28th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Hello,

A search of the forums didn't turn up any information, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I'm trying to find out if I can get a newer version of the intel driver for my machine. My Ubuntu install seems to be running a two year old driver, and I can't find if there's a newer one anywhere.

Relevant output from glxinfo:

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM 20061017 x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 1.3 Mesa 7.0.3-rc2

Thanks in advance!

NoFearDJB
July 28th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Hello,

A search of the forums didn't turn up any information, so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I'm trying to find out if I can get a newer version of the intel driver for my machine. My Ubuntu install seems to be running a two year old driver, and I can't find if there's a newer one anywhere.

Relevant output from glxinfo:

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM 20061017 x86/MMX/SSE2

Thanks in advance!

My glxinfo:

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 915GM 20061017 x86/MMX/SSE2

I think that even though its dated as 2006, there hasn't been any major updates that have been necessary. If there were some updates, Ubuntu would notify you via package manager like anything else. Are you having some problems that sparked your search for something new?

xi0nic
July 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I haven't had any serious issues, I'm just on a mission to get WoW+Wine to work with this chipset. I can play in Windows just fine, so I know it's got to be possible!