PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] What's up with deviantart?

dodle
July 28th, 2008, 02:50 AM
I hope this is okay to post here.

deviantart.com (http://www.deviantart.com) recently gave their website a makeover, and now it is very rare that I can get anything to load. Sometimes if I select the categories on the left it works, but every time I try to do a search it endlessly shows it's loading picture. I've tried it on two different computers with KDE. Does anybody else have the same problem with their webpage? Their new setup is nice-looking, but I prefer one that functions.

p_quarles
July 28th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I've found that the new design doesn't work so well with Konqueror, but neither did the old one. Works fine with Opera and Firefox, though.

acelin
July 28th, 2008, 02:55 AM
I've found that the new design doesn't work so well with Konqueror, but neither did the old one. Works fine with Opera and Firefox, though.

It loads fine in Firefox and Safari for me- but I tested it in IE for curiosity and it took a long time to do so.

zipperback
July 28th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Work fine for me. I am running Ubuntu 8.04.1 with Firefox 3 on the Gnome desktop.

- zipperback
:popcorn:

dodle
July 28th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I forgot to mention that I'm using Firefox 3.

Edit: Their old design was a little slow on my pc, but nothing like this.

dodle
August 2nd, 2008, 11:20 PM
Strange, I logged into Windows and used IE7 to load Deviantart. It didn't have any problems at all. Firefox was still slow though.

hanzomon4
August 2nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
Facebook is atrociously slow(scrolling) in firefox 3 for linux. It screams on OSX. Not sure what the hangup is.

sloggerkhan
August 3rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
deviant art works fine for me, but I'm using ff3 on a mac right now.
Facebook works fine on xubuntu for me.

spupy
August 3rd, 2008, 01:09 AM
There is a huge empty space between the line with "Messages; Logout, etc" and the next line with the logo and the search field. Is an ad supposed to be there?

I don't have the problems you mentioned. Firefox3. But for some reason DA insist on showing me the latest deviations when I open the page; and I want to see the top ones. Grrr

Naralas
August 3rd, 2008, 01:19 AM
Your mistake is using Konqueror.

nick09
August 3rd, 2008, 01:21 AM
Loads fast for me in Firefox 3 and a tad slower in the PS3 browser. I have a 10MB download rate and 1MB upload.

hansdown
August 3rd, 2008, 02:20 AM
Something interesting... I clicked on one of the animated clips, with the dead kennedies sound track, and my screen turned grey and froze. I'm guessing it's a ff thing, because I was able to check my system monitor, which was running normally, except for the usual spike when it starts up.
Maybe a firefox problem?

SunnyRabbiera
August 3rd, 2008, 02:24 AM
Not in my case, works fine here.

Delever
August 3rd, 2008, 02:54 AM
It uses javascript (ajax) to reload only specific parts of the page, so no wonder there kan be problems with Konqueror.

usb.poncho
October 13th, 2008, 05:45 PM
i had the same problem, since the first day i used ubuntu.
try setting the user agent to IE7, works for me..

enatom
November 19th, 2009, 11:20 PM
i had the same problem, since the first day i used ubuntu.
try setting the user agent to IE7, works for me..

How do you set the User Agent to IE7 and on what FF?