PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation on PC

PhysicsisPhun
July 27th, 2008, 02:17 AM
I just burned the latest version of Ubuntu for a PC. Here are the issues I am running into:
1) partition: i had a perfectly clean harddrive and was going to install this operating system until someone (i will not tell his name) attempted to install 2 (that is correct 2) versions of windows on my computer. I began the cd installation at which time i came to the partition crossroads. so, i went with option #2 (guided, use entire disk space). This appeared to do what I wanted. It appears as if this option will remove any partitions that are already on the harddrive. I want windows off of the computer. That is what I am trying to accomplish. So, I went with this option and the computer seemed happy until...
2) disk error: it appears as if there is an error with the disk. so, we write and rewrite, then go with a slower installation and still there is a problem with the disk??

So, my questions are 1) am i partitioning correctly 2)have others had issues downloading and burning to a CD? and 3)it appears as if the os takes the data from the cd and then you have to go through the process again by going through the install on the PC, is that correct? Any help would be great. I would like to hopefully finish this tonight.

Sef
July 27th, 2008, 02:24 AM
What disk error are you getting?

Read Psychocat's Ubuntu (http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/index.php).

PhysicsisPhun
July 27th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Error in Reading.

Sef
July 27th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Instead of booting into Ubuntu, go down to check disk for errors.