PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Python IDE's

jimi_hendrix
July 26th, 2008, 11:39 PM
so im learning python and am at the point where i need an IDE because an interactive command line wont work anymore

whats a good IDE for a beginer

please post a link to the page if u can

just to note: i program on windows even though i dual boot ubuntu

thanks

Kadrus
July 26th, 2008, 11:41 PM
DR.PYTHON (drpython.sourceforge.net/)
From what I have heard it's very good.I have never used an IDE for python,gedit and terminal.

LaRoza
July 26th, 2008, 11:41 PM
The sticky has links for this topic. For Python, gedit with its plugins is very good for Python and very easy to use.

Anzan
July 27th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Yes, I agree with LaRoza.

After trying various IDEs and text editors I went back to Gedit with its wonderful plugins.

jimi_hendrix
July 27th, 2008, 01:00 AM
i do my programming in windows so i need a downloadable ide :( because notepad just wont cut it

LaRoza
July 27th, 2008, 01:17 AM
i do my programming in windows so i need a downloadable ide :( because notepad just wont cut it

Try Idle (I really don't like it though, but it comes with Python), Crimson Editor or Geany.

jimi_hendrix
July 27th, 2008, 01:23 AM
thanks i didnt know geany was compatable with windows since i have it in ubuntu but havnt used it yet ill use it in windows then ill be more familiar with it for if/when i program on my linux partition

Can+~
July 27th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Eclipse with pydev. Gedit with plugins, or geany. All of them work for me.

Mr.Macdonald
July 27th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Why would you program on windows?

Linux is kind of built for programmers and Windows is built for the average person. You being a potential programmer (lets hope it happens) would in the long run be far better off using Linux.

jimi_hendrix
July 27th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Why would you program on windows?

Linux is kind of built for programmers and Windows is built for the average person. You being a potential programmer (lets hope it happens) would in the long run be far better off using Linux.

well it started out befor i got interested in linux and by the time i did i alrdy had 2 or 3 ide's here so thought i would just keep it all in the same place