PDA

View Full Version : H10 iriver mp3 player broken

cruckin
July 26th, 2008, 10:03 PM
alright i've had my iriver H10 5g for a few years and it is telling me when i turn it on system files are missing i've searched google for a way to fix mine but it seems to have a problem of its own or im not looking hard enough

when i connect it to my computer it tells me its in emergency connect mode and then switches to usb connected screen i've been messing around with it for awhile now and trying it on windows xp and ubuntu it does not show up on my computer under windows it does however on device manager under usb hub as a mass storage device and under disk drives as h10 iriver usb device ive updated the driver from device manager and also tried uninstalling it and plugging it back in is there anyway to put the new system files on there from device manager or anything im looking anyway to get this thing just to work for me i've tried chkdsk and it tells me "cannot open volume for direct access

im looking for anything to fix this please help

cruckin
July 27th, 2008, 01:33 AM
aww nuts anyone?

cruckin
July 27th, 2008, 07:34 AM
bump

Stochastic
July 28th, 2008, 05:30 AM
contact iriver, not Ubuntu forums.
[ur]http://iriverinc.com/support/hd/h10_5-6gb.aspx[/url]

dietkinnie
July 28th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Go to the iriver site download the firmware updater. It will guide you through the update and it should work fine again.