PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] unable to play rhythmbox music in order

mordred99
July 25th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Okay - I feel like a really big newbie asking this question but it has been driving me nuts since I have been using ubuntu Hardy 64 bit since it came out. It is updated nightly .. so all patches are on it. I cannot get Rhythmbox to play music in the order I want it to. I have checked, the shuffle box is not selected, and spent probably 20 hours searching though this forum and others trying to find out the answer.

What I want to do. I have a play list, it is in the order I want to play it, I take the file and drag it to the "play queue" section of rhythmbox and it finds all the files, but shuffles it out of order, and automatically plays the music. Okay I can do with the automatically plays the music - but when it starts on #4 or some random number, when I put #1 to the top of the list, it "removes" #4 from the queue (which is annoying as hell), which I have to go back to the directory it is stored on and get the file #4 back onto the play queue. It should not be that hard to just take a m3u file, and put it in the play queue section, and play it in the order of the m3u file has stated.

Secondly, and I think this is related, when I have the music in the library section of rhythmbox, like for example, "Ride the Lightning" and I want to hear the whole thing, in order (as it is in the library based on track number), to the "play queue" and it is all shuffled (again without the shuffle turned on).

Let me know how to fix this annoying thing, because my only way to get around this is to run my VM Server of Windows XP and use, GASP, Windows Media Player to actually play the music in the order of of a CD and use a play list right without having to jump through the hoops as when I ripped the thing, I made the m3u files for each of the several thousand CDs I have so I can listen to them in order.