PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Errors with libstdc++.so.6

fowie
July 25th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I'm running Ubuntu Dapper on my web server. I've suddenly started getting an odd error. I booted up one day to find I could not run certain programs. Mysql failed to start, as did apache, and trying to run apt gave me this message:

apt-get: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)

GCC 4.2.0 is not available for Dapper in the repositories. Looking into things a little further, I found that /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 was a symlink to /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.8, and I did have /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.7 available. I changed the symlink to point to .6.0.7 and programs started working again. However, I still have a recurrent problem with setting locates (not remedied by reinstalling locales package or any of the usual fixes) and apache processes are segfaulting on some of my web applications. When I did an apt-get update it installed a new version of a few items include PHP and clamav, and reverted my symlink back to .6.0.8, causing things to again stop working. Any help would be very appreciated.

fowie
September 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Reinstalled Hardy from scratch to fix problem.