PDA

View Full Version : Mandriva on Intel Macs in support forum

stream303
July 25th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Anyone running Mandriva on an Intel Mac?

As much as I like to see participation here, I am also a member of several Linux communities, and use Mandriva on some other machines. I take what I learn from each, and apply it to each other. Win-Win! :)

While Ubuntu has a great Apple forum, Mandriva has recently changed the focus of their own Apple forum, now known as "Mandriva on Macs" to support Intel, as there are currently no plans or resources for PowerPC.

I see no problem with multiple forums sharing the load, and most importantly, sharing the knowledge between the two. Win-Win again!

See you there. Or here. Or both!

UniverseA7X
August 2nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
I do happen to have Mandriva on my macbook, very happy with it. It's on my desktop as well.

The Mandriva forums aren't as active it seems as these ones, so I tend to hang around the Ubuntu forums more.

stream303
August 4th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Although I don't own an Intel mac, it would be interesting to see if any of the techniques / tips from the Ubuntu Apple forum about installation and operations here apply to Mandriva on Macs - aside from the obvious differences like MCC control center etc.

That's the cool thing to remember is that we are indirectly helping each other.

I'd love to see an out-of-the-box comparison between the two so issues can get resolved with cooperation.