PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] [SOLVED] Share music folders between Linux and Windows?

shivkrish22
July 25th, 2008, 01:03 AM
I have Ubuntu 8.04 installed along with Vista on my laptop(Dell Vostro 1500). I was wondering if it was ok to share the music folder in my windows partition with the applications in linux? I have a large music folder and want to be able to add the songs to the rhythmbox library. Is it recommended to add files present on my windows partition to the rhythmbox library? I do not want to have multiple copies of my music in the linux and windows partition.

stalkier
July 25th, 2008, 01:37 AM
I have Ubuntu 8.04 installed along with Vista on my laptop(Dell Vostro 1500). I was wondering if it was ok to share the music folder in my windows partition with the applications in linux? I have a large music folder and want to be able to add the songs to the rhythmbox library. Is it recommended to add files present on my windows partition to the rhythmbox library? I do not want to have multiple copies of my music in the linux and windows partition.

Yes I do the same thing on my XP/Ubuntu setup. You might have to have the partition automount though.