PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] PANELS on the desktop are gone and....

JonnJack
July 24th, 2008, 07:02 PM
the PANEL button nothing when you press it.

Had installed Xubuntu with no problems (it lives on it's own 80gb SATA drive in a box that has Windows XP on it also). The Update Manager wanted to install about 30 things, let it do so and it said had to reboot the system.

Did so, and on the reboot, top and bottom panels are missing, and the PANEL button where you could configure the panels, when clicked, does nothing. :(

Any ideas what happened and how to fix it? I do have menus when I Right-Click on the desktop, but I'd like to get the top and bottom panels back... :oops:

cardinals_fan
July 24th, 2008, 07:15 PM
the PANEL button nothing when you press it.

Had installed Xubuntu with no problems (it lives on it's own 80gb SATA drive in a box that has Windows XP on it also). The Update Manager wanted to install about 30 things, let it do so and it said had to reboot the system.

Did so, and on the reboot, top and bottom panels are missing, and the PANEL button where you could configure the panels, when clicked, does nothing. :(

Any ideas what happened and how to fix it? I do have menus when I Right-Click on the desktop, but I'd like to get the top and bottom panels back... :oops:
Enter Alt+F2 and type "xfce4-panel".