PDA

View Full Version : News

TravisNewman
November 7th, 2005, 12:24 AM
ok, so I've been a busy little beaver lately, and I haven't had time to really do anything, so I haven't been as involved here or on the IRC channel as I would like. So I think things are getting stable again and I should be as active as I used to be, maybe more (hopefully more :)). I'd like to find tsjoklat again. She had an injury so she wasn't able to contribute much, but she had fantabulous ideas.

Let me just say, geekchic9, you're amazing, thank you for taking the reins and doing so much. I look forward to working with you on everything now that I'm back from the dead.

Here's the news. I've been speaking to two people who work closely with the linuxchix community, and they both now use Ubuntu, and are looking to get involved and collaborate on things. One of them actually made the UbuntuWomen wikipage a long time before this group ever came around, just outlining ideas for a possible group. Obviously we'll probably have some differing opinions on some things, but this is a great opportunity for advancing our cause.

poptones
November 7th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Oh, get some cojones...

...a tasteless joke

geekchic9
November 7th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Poptones: A tasteless joke indeed.

BinaryDigit
November 19th, 2005, 02:52 AM
I'd love to help host our own website or something :) If people were interested in that.

LinuxSwede
November 22nd, 2005, 07:57 PM
Poptones: A tasteless joke indeed.

You're being redundant, he already stated that it was, you repeating it does not help in any way but to make you seem like you want to be seen, as the Uber Woman of Ubuntu.

I'm just awaiting the first struggle for who gets to be leader of ubuntu women, that'll be a catfight to remember.*

*For those who don't get it, it's a joke.

BinaryDigit
December 14th, 2005, 10:44 PM
I'm working on the ubuntu women website, I will update everyone with a new thread soon!