PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] OEM Install and Image Deployment

dabone
July 24th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I'm looking to start offering 8.04 as a os choice to my customers. I know how to do the oem install, but my question is what would be a good way to deploy an Image of this to the new machines? For windows deployment I currently use a PXE boot enviroment and use WIM images. (The upside to this is that my PXE server is a Centos box, not a windows server).
I need a cost free way of deploying ubuntu images to multiple size hard drives over a network. The hardware that the image will deploy to will be fixed, (Seperate Image for each motherboard).

G4U is out, I need a deployment image that doesn't do a bit for bit copy. Also, It needs to be scripted so the techs can just select a motherboard and then the partitons get created and imaged.

Any solutions for this currently? Dell has to be doing this somehow..

Thanks,
Mark

axor1337
November 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
Hey Mark
I was searching for a solution to the same problem and saw your post. Did you ever find a solution?
we sell refurbished computers and have a few with no oem windows keys and want to sell them with Ubuntu 11.10. I want to set up a scripted disk to do oem installs.