PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Burning Mp3 CDs

adobrakic
July 24th, 2008, 06:29 AM
What program would allow me to do this sufficiently? Burn speed doesn't really matter, I set this to a lower speed to ensure less errors anyway.
User-friendly programs would also be nice.

thanks in advance

- ado

iaculallad
July 24th, 2008, 06:32 AM
What program would allow me to do this sufficiently? Burn speed doesn't really matter, I set this to a lower speed to ensure less errors anyway.
User-friendly programs would also be nice.

thanks in advance

- ado

Brasero or GNOMEBaker could be your option.

ApOgEEs
July 24th, 2008, 06:33 AM
You can just insert your blank CD. Then open your file browser. Select the mp3 files you wanna burn to the CD and drag it to your Blank CD directory. When finish putting all your files, press the Write to Disc button and it will write the CD for you.

laffinet
July 24th, 2008, 06:34 AM
What are you trying to do ?

Burn mp3s to an Audio CD so they can be played in a normal CD player ?

or

Burn a data CD with mp3 so they can be played in a mp3 capable CD player ?

adobrakic
July 24th, 2008, 06:40 AM
You can just insert your blank CD. Then open your file browser. Select the mp3 files you wanna burn to the CD and drag it to your Blank CD directory. When finish putting all your files, press the Write to Disc button and it will write the CD for you.

I understand this, but I want the program to write the songs to be able to play in a mp3 cd player, and not a normal one.

What are you trying to do ?

Burn mp3s to an Audio CD so they can be played in a normal CD player ?

or

Burn a data CD with mp3 so they can be played in a mp3 capable CD player ?

Yes yes, a mp3 capable cd player.

ApOgEEs
July 24th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I understand this, but I want the program to write the songs to be able to play in a mp3 cd player, and not a normal one.

An mp3 capable cd player should have no problem in reading the normal one. At least players around me do read it well.

silvanus2005
July 24th, 2008, 06:50 AM
You could use Brasero or K3B from Kubuntu, they work pretty nice.

adobrakic
July 24th, 2008, 06:51 AM
An mp3 capable cd player should have no problem in reading the normal one. At least players around me do read it well.

Yeah, I know that, but i don't want a normal CD. I wanna burn a mp3 CD so that it uses up the space (700mb or whatever) instead of 80 minutes or however long it is, lol. I wish I knew what the official name is for these kinds of CDs.

But yeah, basically I want to be able to play the kind of CD only a Mp3-capable CD player can play. If that makes sense. :lolflag:

You could use Brasero or K3B from Kubuntu, they work pretty nice.

I just got Brasero, but from the looks of it, it can only burn normal CDs.

mcduck
July 24th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Yes yes, a mp3 capable cd player.

Then you can use any CD burning application. Just choose the one you like the most.

"MP3 CD" is just a normal data-CD with MP3 files in it.

El Conquistador
July 24th, 2008, 06:56 AM
in brasero instead of choosing Audio Project choose Data Project then jsut drag your songs over!

adobrakic
July 24th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Then you can use any CD burning application. Just choose the one you like the most.

"MP3 CD" is just a normal data-CD with MP3 files in it.

Yeah, but I remember on Windows it gave me the option to use the 700mb space, or the 80 minutes on a CD. I'll take your word for it though, and try it. :D

ApOgEEs
July 24th, 2008, 06:58 AM
As far as I know, there are only two types of CD. One is Data CD, and other is Audio CD.

Audio CD will allow you to have about 80 minutes of audio while Data CD is able to keep all your mp3 files that fit in 700MB. The method that I tell you previously is to make the Data CD.

Please tell me if there is other type of mp3 CD :)

adobrakic
July 24th, 2008, 06:59 AM
in brasero instead of choosing Audio Project choose Data Project then jsut drag your songs over!

Ah, this is exactly what I was looking for. I kept going to "audio CD." Thanks a lot.
:D

Cresho
July 24th, 2008, 07:02 AM
As far as I know, there are only two types of CD. One is Data CD, and other is Audio CD.

Audio CD will allow you to have about 80 minutes of audio while Data CD is able to keep all your mp3 files that fit in 700MB. The method that I tell you previously is to make the Data CD.

Please tell me if there is other type of mp3 CD :)
you are talking about red book standard (aka 80 minute) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Book_(audio_CD_standard)

and the regular mp3 disk is really data cd. I do data cd in brasero or k3b no problems. Just your car player may be a little bitchy on the type of cd such as memorex or sony or tdk or.

El Conquistador
July 24th, 2008, 07:03 AM
No Problem. just glad to help!

ubuntu27
July 24th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Yo can use any CD burner application for your MP3 Player.

Those "Mp3 CD" are just Data CD with mp3 files in it. So, just choose your desired burning application such as k3b, nautilus, brasero, etc. And then choose Burn as Data or Make Data CD.

Good Luck!