PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] I have installed Assualt Cube and need help

deadlySniper
July 24th, 2008, 04:18 AM
I just installed it and I did restart. I cant find it in the games section. Did I install the deb wrong

ice60
July 24th, 2008, 04:36 AM
i've got that installed, i've never played it, but if you open a terminal and type assaultcube.sh it might start. i'm using an old version of linux so it could be different on your ubuntu. if you start typing assaultcube, like assaul, then hit the tab key you should see some options for what you might need to type.

the tab key is the one on the left of the keyboard with two arrows. i pressed Esc to quit.

you should be able to edit the menu by right-clicking on it on the panel and selecting edit and adding assaultcube in there.

BTW there's a gaming subforum somewhere i think if you need it.
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=93

deadlySniper
July 24th, 2008, 04:43 AM
assaultcube.sh I did that in terminal and it says that it doesent exist and I have installed the deb for Gutsy

ice60
July 24th, 2008, 04:52 AM
if you installed it correctly it should appear in synaptic when you search for Assualt Cube or AssualtCube, can you find it in synaptic?

kdb424
July 24th, 2008, 04:53 AM
If you have a menu editor like Ubuntu does, than try that. It hides stuff from you.

deadlySniper
July 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Well I will check it when I get everything reloaded. The last update got rid of my wireless so I just re-installed Xubuntu