PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Palm Tungsten E2?

Corfy
July 23rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
This isn't a Linux or Ubuntu question per se, but being the community cafe on a forum with a bunch of computer geeks (and I mean that in a good way), I figured I could throw this out and maybe get some ideas.

I recently got a Palm Treo 755p smartphone, which means my old Palm Tungsten E2 is currently out of a job.

Now, I know I could sell it on eBay or something, but I thought I would have some "fun" with it instead.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what I might do with it.

But I thought maybe some people on the forums might have some suggestions.

So far, the most extravagant job I saw for the Tungsten was to turn it into a remote control, but I really don't need another remote. I also saw some partial instructions to install Linux on it, but the question of "then what?" came up.

If you aren't familiar with the Tungsten E2, here are some of the specs:

32 MB flash memory
320x320 color display
Bluetooth
Infrared port
SD card slot (with 128 MB SD card)
Palm 5.4 OS

Anyway, if anyone has some suggestions short of selling it, I am all ears. Thanks.

Bungo Pony
July 23rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Why not turn it into a portable gaming device? There's tons of games out for the Palm. Get yourself a larger SD card (512M) and fill it with games.

You may need a software fix for your Palm to accept larger SD cards (at least that's what I had to do with my Palm m130)

Corfy
July 23rd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Why not turn it into a portable gaming device? There's tons of games out for the Palm. Get yourself a larger SD card (512M) and fill it with games.

Except I have the Palm Treo, and I already have a 2 GB card with it. If I were going to add games (which I have added a few), I would use the Treo and save having to carry around two devices.

rohan1
July 23rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
If you ever manage to install linux on it, do post it as am in the same situation with my tungsten e2

rohan